2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

2 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Dallas cuts a TE.

Blake Jarwin to the Jets, baby!!!

Hype it up for NY free agency!

These jokes basically write themselves. I am not looking forward to the next ~12 months when those stupid comments get applied to us. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Help my understand why the Cowboys want to move Collins?  It's not like he's not a good player, and moving him only saves like $1.3m off the cap this season.

He almost lost his job to Terrance Steele. He also has lingering affects from a terrible car accident. 

PFF rated him highly last year, but it didnt feel like he had a great year watching him live. 

26 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Help my understand why the Cowboys want to move Collins?  It's not like he's not a good player, and moving him only saves like $1.3m off the cap this season.

Too many L’s in his name and we know how Jerry feels about the L’s

• Like 2

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

34 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

He almost lost his job to Terrance Steele. He also has lingering affects from a terrible car accident. 

PFF rated him highly last year, but it didnt feel like he had a great year watching him live. 

It's because he plays for the Cowboys and to national media, any player with the star on his helmet is automatically 20% better than he actually is.

La'el Collins, at his best, has been a perfectly acceptable starting right tackle who is good in run blocking and holds up in pass protection. Cowboys, I suspect, are worried he's breaking down physically and not going to be at his best anymore. Not surprising they're opting to move on while he still has value and have his replacement in-house.

26 minutes ago, Blue said:

It's because he plays for the Cowboys and to national media, any player with the star on his helmet is automatically 20% better than he actually is.

La'el Collins, at his best, has been a perfectly acceptable starting right tackle who is good in run blocking and holds up in pass protection. Cowboys, I suspect, are worried he's breaking down physically and not going to be at his best anymore. Not surprising they're opting to move on while he still has value and have his replacement in-house.

13 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Lane Johnson, Tristan Wirfs, Ryan Ramczyk, Braden Smith, Taylor Moton, Jack Conklin, Mike McGlinchey...8-10 when fully healthy, sure, I can buy that. You could even argue he should be higher. Like I said, perfectly acceptable right tackle.

But he wasn't healthy last year, hasn't been healthy in a while, and wasn't a top-two tackle on his own team last year. And he plays right tackle, which on its own is putting him in the 20s or 30s among tackles overall.

9 minutes ago, Blue said:

Lane Johnson, Tristan Wirfs, Ryan Ramczyk, Braden Smith, Taylor Moton, Jack Conklin, Mike McGlinchey...8-10 when fully healthy, sure, I can buy that. You could even argue he should be higher. Like I said, perfectly acceptable right tackle.

But he wasn't healthy last year, hasn't been healthy in a while, and wasn't a top-two tackle on his own team last year. And he plays right tackle, which on its own is putting him in the 20s or 30s among tackles overall.

Mike McGlinchey should not be on this list. Getting a top 5-10 RT who’s cost controlled, to the point of being a bargain, for the next 3 years, in which he can be cut at any point if his body does begin to falter, is where the appeal is coming from. 

Edited by Fureys49ers

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Fine by me, that doesn't really change anything. Just listing off guys who I think would be in that discussion.

Even if he is in the 20-30 range, LT and RT mean very little now a days, he’s better than somewhere close to 2/3s of the starting OTs out there. At 10 mil. For the next 3 years. I’m not saying he’s a going to come in and change someone’s entire outlook on their OL but there’s a bunch of teams out there who would be getting an upgrade at RT if he is acquired and I imagine eager to do so. Would be somewhat of a luxury for the niners but I would be glad to swap him with McGlinchey. 

9 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Even if he is in the 20-30 range, LT and RT mean very little now a days, he’s better than somewhere close to 2/3s of the starting OTs out there. At 10 mil. For the next 3 years. I’m not saying he’s a going to come in and change someone’s entire outlook on their OL but there’s a bunch of teams out there who would be getting an upgrade at RT if he is acquired and I imagine eager to do so. Would be somewhat of a luxury for the niners but I would be glad to swap him with McGlinchey. 

lol, LT vs. RT still means a lot but that's not a battle I'm gonna fight tonight. All I'm gonna say is that there are easily 21 tackles out there who are clearly better than Collins, so he's already out of that top-third range before we even start talking about what guys could be better than him when he's healthy, which is a pretty major caveat given he's started 10 games in the past two years largely because of his health, and didn't play super well when he did.