Most "misunderstood" players?

biggie.

2 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Yeah I wouldn't celebrate it and it's definitely a disease, but it also makes me sympathize with TO for being frustrated. TO was obsessive with how he treated his body so if true, for a guy to be boozing the day before the biggest game on earth could understandably push him over the edge. I also didn't know that so maybe my wording is a bit off, but the principle of my post that TO wasn't the villian i stand by.

Im pretty sure TO publicly came out and said McNabb was drinking the day of the superbowl. And that his puke smelled like hard liquor. For sure TO has a valid complaint. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Im pretty sure TO publicly came out and said McNabb was drinking the day of the superbowl. And that his puke smelled like hard liquor. For sure TO has a valid complaint. 

Yeah, TO was a personality, which I'm sure can be abrasive. But he was no slouch and definitely took the game seriously. If he complains about a specific player.....I have to give him the benefit of the doubt. 

It's funny to me, if TO were to be drafted into today's NFL and did his schtik, it would be called "swagger" and very few people would criticize him. 

• Like 1

I’m the opposite of a McNabb fan but the SB was mostly about him choking in a big spot, the Eagles underestimating humidity in Florida in February, and him being OK with just being in decent shape instead of elite shape.

We all know he’s been a grade Z celebrity  after football but I don’t think he was he was drunk or hungover or not caring about that game.

17 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

TO has Hue Jackson level credibility. The 49ers, Cowboys, and Eagles all moved on from his turd personality. I think McNabb and TO share equal blame for that failed relationship but TO exaggerating for attention is nothing new.

Edited by SkippyX

In a different kind of way, Nate Solder.

He was overall an average LT in New England with one above average year. He was varying degrees of bad with the Giants (ranging from below average to god awful), but I don't know how he played at all knowing what his son was going through at home. Imagine having enough money already to retire with and take care of your family, including your son who has been battling severe cancer and countless surgeries since he was born, and still choosing to honor your contract and play football. I know I wouldn't be able to think about my job at all given the situation he was in. Lots of people aren't really aware of his home life, so he looks like just another former Belichick guy who busted hard once he left New England, but it is more nuanced than that.

• Like 2