Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 23 - Taco Bowl XXIII POSTED!)

TheKillerNacho

So, I'm trying to wrap my head around the seeding for the Salsa Conference.

Freiburg is in.

The other in the hunt are:

Pittston Waste Walruses (9-6)
Richmond Flying Squirrels (9-6)
Scranton Papermakers (8-7)

Indianapolis Predators (9-6)
New Zealand Blobfish (8-6-1)

Fortunately, Pittston plays at Scranton and New Zealand plays at Indianapolis in Week 16. (The remaining team, Richmond, plays at Nassau.)

The tiebreaker order is as follows:

1. Record
  2. Head-to-Head*
  3. Division record (Same division only)
  4. Conference record
  5. Net points
  6. Strength of schedule
  7. Coin toss

If I lose to Scranton Week 16, we'll have matching 9-7 records, which would (presumably) put us against each other in the above order, as division tiebreakers are applied first. We'd be 1-1 head-to-head with matching 5-3 division records and matching 7-5 conference records, leaving net points as the next tiebreaker. I'm currently sitting with 21 net points, while Scranton is at 0.

Pittston Waste Walruses
Net Points: 21
Record: 9-6-0
Division: 5-2-0, Conference: 7-4-0
Home: 5-3-0, Away: 4-3-0
Streak: W2

Scranton Papermakers
Net Points: 0
Record: 8-7-0
Division: 4-3-0, Conference: 6-5-0
Home: 2-5-0, Away: 6-2-0
Streak: W2

Does this mean that if I lose to Scranton by 20 or fewer points, I remain higher in the standings based off of net points?

3 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Freiburg is in.

Fortunately, Pittston plays at Scranton and New Zealand plays at Indianapolis in Week 16. (The remaining team, Richmond, plays at Nassau.)

1. Record
  2. Head-to-Head*
  4. Conference record
  5. Net points
  6. Strength of schedule
  7. Coin toss

If I lose to Scranton Week 16, we'll have matching 9-7 records, which would (presumably) put us against each other in the above order, as division tiebreakers are applied first. We'd be 1-1 head-to-head with matching 5-3 division records and matching 7-5 conference records, leaving net points as the next tiebreaker. I'm currently sitting with 21 net points, while Scranton is at 0.

Does this mean that if I lose to Scranton by 20 or fewer points, I remain higher in the standings based off of net points?

You'd be ahead of him as long as you have more Net Points, yes.

Of course, Scranton could potentially take Richmond's spot too if all teams finish 9-7, as Richmond would have the worst Divisional record.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Freiburg is in.

1. Record
  2. Head-to-Head*
  4. Conference record
  5. Net points
  6. Strength of schedule
  7. Coin toss

Actually slight correction... you only have a 10-point cushion, as you play eachother. If he beats you by 11, he'd have +11 net points, and you'd have +10.

11 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

God I'm terrible at math. Thanks. Very interesting. One hell of a week ahead.

And keep in mind, even if he doesn't overtake you, losing can still knock you out of the playoffs if New Zealand and Richmond wins (Indy would get the other wildcard, as he has the tiebreaker over you).

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

And keep in mind, even if he doesn't overtake you, losing can still knock you out of the playoffs if New Zealand and Richmond wins (Indy would get the other wildcard either way, as he has the tiebreaker over you).

Wild. Guess I gotta hope that my imaginary players take care of their imaginary business.

• Like 1

Rio de Janeiro Pirates (11-4)

Last two losses were lead changes in the final minute. Untouched season sliders. Either, I've unlocked the key to how my team operates after a decade, or I'm so bad at running sliders that I'm more likely to hamper than help the final season standings.

6ez88b.jpg

• Like 1