Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 23 - Taco Bowl XXIII POSTED!)

TheKillerNacho

It looks like I have no path to a WC berth without a win, so playoffs are starting early in Indy. I am either the 3 seed with a favorable matchup or am out of the playoffs, unable to defend my crown. Hopefully our team's championship experience (RNG boost?) helps these guys take care of business against the detestable Pete and his blobfish.

• Like 1

WR: Cole Beasley (BUF), A.J. Green (ARI), Nelson Agholor (NE)

when you try and get cheeky and save 4 tags on Pittman & Cooks.

Team is back to playing like they were prior to week 4 lol

6 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

It looks like I have no path to a WC berth without a win, so playoffs are starting early in Indy. I am either the 3 seed with a favorable matchup or am out of the playoffs, unable to defend my crown. Hopefully our team's championship experience (RNG boost?) helps these guys take care of business against the detestable Pete and his blobfish.

You can, but it's unlikely - you have the tiebreaker versus Pittston, but not Scranton. As we discussed earlier, Pittston vs Scranton would come down to Net Points if Scranton won... Thus, if Scranton wins but by 10 or fewer and Richmond wins, you're in regardless of whether you win.

That said, it's not a good chance. So win!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Rio de Janeiro Pirates (11-4)

Last two losses were lead changes in the final minute. Untouched season sliders. Either, I've unlocked the key to how my team operates after a decade, or I'm so bad at running sliders that I'm more likely to hamper than help the final season standings.

6ez88b.jpg

I started off by believing that better players could handle increased offensive aggressiveness. I felt like low aggressiveness would be wasted on Rodgers, as his ability should lessen the chance of a negative event. I also began to believe that sliders should be adjusted to reflect your opponent: increasing your offensive aggressiveness against a 'weaker' defense and/or decreasing the aggressiveness against a 'stronger' defense.

Then, I said screw it and ran 95 offensive aggressiveness during my first match-up against swoosh and witnessed my best offensive performance of the year... in a loss.

I went back to 65 for Week 15 and enjoyed a strong offensive game, but that's the same offensive aggressiveness I ran against Tacoma in a Week 2 loss.

In other words: I have no clue what I'm doing. The only thing I know for sure is that I've figured out nothing.

W1 W2 W3 W4 W5 W6 W7 W8 W9 W10 W11 W12 W13 W14 W15
  W L W L L W W L W L W W L W W
Offensive Agg 75 65 30 61 95 95 85 88 85 90 85 70 80 60 65
Points For 27 23 31 14 30 34 20 20 27 30 30 37 17 32 44

Edit: even looking at this gets me nowhere. If I average the offensive aggressiveness of my wins, I get 72. If I average the offensive aggressiveness of my losses, I get 80. Ok, so less offensive aggressiveness tends to be more successful... until I remove that Week 3 30 and see that I'm averaging 78 without it.

I got nothing.

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway
  • Like 1