2022 Starting QB?

Ghostnote

2022 Starting QB  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB is likely to be the starter for the 2022 season? Please be kind and explain your selection!

• Jimmy Garappolo (Trade with 49ers 2022 2nd, 4th, 2023 4th)
    • Russell Wilson (Trade with Seahawks - 2022 1st, 2023 1st, 2023 3rd)
    • Deshaun Watson (Trade with Texans - 2022 1st, 2023 3rd, 2022 6th)
    • Matt Corral - Ole Miss QB
    • Carson Strong - Nevada QB
    • Sam Howell - North Carolina QB
    • Malik Willis - Liberty QB
    • Other - Explain

23 hours ago, lavar703 said:

They have a choice. The one you’re laying is a choice of getting fired. Last season was the season if they planned on doing the bust career resurrection with Mariota or Trubisky. Also, if Snyder is gone which I suspect he will be, Rivera better fix this fast because the new owner won’t have any ties to him. So my guess is they move up for Pickett. He’s the quickest route to winning with the rookies. They can’t sit around waiting for Willis to develop. 

They may trade up for a QB, I would endorse that but Rivera didn’t do it last year for better prospects in Fields & Max Jones than everyone in this years class, so I question if he’ll trade up, but I hope he does.

20 hours ago, offbyone said:

I think you might be correct in that we will not have much of a choice.  

I however disagree about your Kyle Allen concept.  

If we get Mariota and we got Heinicke and we draft a rookie there is absolutely zero reason to hold onto allen unless you just want to dilute the reps given to the other qbs.

It’s just for competition. What if Kyle Allen actually shows to be the best of the 3 vet QBs we have? It only costs $2.4 mil to keep Kyle Allen. We can trade Allen or Heinicke - whoever loses the back up job for a late round draft pick like the Jags did with Minshew last year. 

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Gotta love Heinicke, he’s always ready to compete!

Yep and he seems to understand the reality of it all.  I think he is genuine and if he does end up as a backup, it won't be with a bitter chip on his shoulder.  I really hope he sticks around for some time.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Gotta love Heinicke, he’s always ready to compete!

My assumption is Heineke will start with one of Willis/Pickett/Howell/Corral backing him up until they’re ready to take over. This franchise cannot go forward with Heineke running the show. Love his grit and toughness but the Heineke weirdos have to realize those things do not translate to wins. He’s a great back up and spot starter but he’s not the future. 

There seems to be no grey area with Heineke. Either you are an insufferable dbag like Mark from Hogs Haven who hates Heineke or you’re part of the hive who thinks he can win Super Bowls. I choose to fall in between that. He’s a spot starter who can hold the fort down while our young future starter is groomed. He’s not terrible but he’s not good. He’ll win you some games but lose you more. His lack of arm talent just keeps him from being an effective starter. It is what it is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

My assumption is Heineke will start with one of Willis/Pickett/Howell/Corral backing him up until they’re ready to take over. This franchise cannot go forward with Heineke running the show. Love his grit and toughness but the Heineke weirdos have to realize those things do not translate to wins. He’s a great back up and spot starter but he’s not the future. 

There seems to be no grey area with Heineke. Either you are an insufferable dbag like Mark from Hogs Haven who hates Heineke or you’re part of the hive who thinks he can win Super Bowls. I choose to fall in between that. He’s a spot starter who can hold the fort down while our young future starter is groomed. He’s not terrible but he’s not good. He’ll win you some games but lose you more. His lack of arm talent just keeps him from being an effective starter. It is what it is. 

Ha! Mark from Hogs Haven, I had to block that jerk 2 years ago. He was trying to tell me where all the LBs were going to play in 2020 and I heard on the radio Rivera said that Holcomb would be SLB, Bostic at MLB and KLP would be WLB. 

He argued with me for months about it and basically called me stupid w/o saying the word for months. Eventually I just blocked him & I haven’t regretted it at all. 

Turns out I was right, but it’s whatever. 

3 minutes ago, taylor made said:

E from the Junkies wants him if they can’t get Carr, Watson, Wilson. I say no thanks. I’d rather draft a QB #1 and sign a FA (Bridgewater, Mariota, Trubisky or Tyrod) to compete w/ Heinicke to start. That way we don’t have to give up draft picks for a good but not great QB that likely won’t ever win us a playoff game.

On 2/13/2022 at 12:53 AM, offbyone said:

Yep and he seems to understand the reality of it all.  I think he is genuine and if he does end up as a backup, it won't be with a bitter chip on his shoulder.  I really hope he sticks around for some time.

Yup.  mean two years ago this coming Fall he was sleeping on his sister's couch. If I'm him, I'm not ruining this gift to create generational wealth for my family by being a petulant child.

• Like 1