2022 NFL Scouting Combine - March 1st thru 7th

MikeT14

30 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Man I would kill to have an extra first in this draft. It’s too bad we can’t come away with Willis/Pickett and Olave. Olave is probably my favorite player in this draft. 

We could take Olave or Garret Wilson at 11 and then trade up from round 2 back into round 1 to take one of the QBs to develop.

I’d do it, I doubt that Rivera does that but I’d do it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

What range do you think he goes in? Could he be a mid round guy? I have to wonder what we’re going to do at TE. We obviously have Logan as our vet but he’s coming off a major knee injury and who knows if he’ll be ready for camp or 100% to start the season.  Then, we have Bates who showed a lot as a blocker as a rookie and flashed a little as a receiver. Then, we obviously have Reyes developing as more of a project. There’s a possibility he could be reliable enough to be our #3 QB this year and mainly just be a special teamer. 

And, I definitely think we should re-sign RSJ bc he’s a good receiver and ok as a blocker. If Logan isn’t able to start the season RSJ could start the season & Bates would play when we go 2 TE sets bc he’s such a great blocker.

Taking a TE mid to late rounds again to develop though doesn’t seem like a bad idea, I just don’t know if they’re do it bc I think Rivera is hell bent on developing Reyes to a good back up TE for us, maybe more if we’re extremely lucky for once.

I haven’t ever watched him play, honestly. For me, the combine is largely about putting me on to dudes that have the athletic ability to be good players and then trying to watch them and see if they can play. 

What I’m seeing at the moment has him largely as a UDFA at the moment. I’m assuming that’s going to change, but we’ll see. Worth keeping an eye on as a late rounder. Sounds like he’s much more of a receiver than a blocker at the moment.

7 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I haven’t ever watched him play, honestly. For me, the combine is largely about putting me on to dudes that have the athletic ability to be good players and then trying to watch them and see if they can play. 

What I’m seeing at the moment has him largely as a UDFA at the moment. I’m assuming that’s going to change, but we’ll see. Worth keeping an eye on as a late rounder. Sounds like he’s much more of a receiver than a blocker at the moment.

Yeah I looked him up too and saw the same. 

So he’s the opposite of John Bates? Sounds like the two could combine to make a great young TE! 😂 

1 minute ago, taylor made said:

Okay.... back to reality... something didn't seem right when everyone was running world record times. This makes more sense. Still a great time for Olave and Christian Watson at 4.36

Just saw this as well. 

New hand-timing guy for NFL Network was a little trigger happy, I guess. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

Christian Watson running 4.28 at almost 210 pounds is also just silly. Fastest time ever for a player that size or heavier. How did he not put up more numbers in FCS? Even at a run-heavy juggernaut like NDSU, if you’re 6’4 and run 4.28, how are you not eating everyone alive??

You answered your question.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

We could take Olave or Garret Wilson at 11 and then trade up from round 2 back into round 1 to take one of the QBs to develop.

I’d do it, I doubt that Rivera does that but I’d do it.

But which one will fall? And how far up into the back of the 1st do we have to go?

42 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

But which one will fall? And how far up into the back of the 1st do we have to go?

Won’t know that till draft day but you keep your powder dry on draft day just like Kyle Smith & Jay Gruden did when they traded up for Montez Sweat in 2019.

Say Willis & Pickett are gone, I’d trade up in-front of the Saints at 18 to make sure I get Howell or Corral.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Once some of these DB’s run everyone is gonna have these guys back over these WR’s. McDuffie, Booth and Sauce are all fast!! McDuffie might be the fastest he or Gordon the other Washington CB. The Tennessee WR and Alonte Taylor are gonna run well too. 

• Like 2