Amazon’s LOTR Rings of Power

Xenos

5 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

So.......what everybody thought was going to play out after the first two episodes played out.  A mystery with almost no mystery?  I was hoping that they'd work towards some of them thinking Sauron was reformed like was mentioned in The Silmarillion, but we seems to be just stuck in "Elves good, Sauron bad" storytelling.

They can change it up though and follow that storytelling.

This show suffered from very bad casting, writing, character decisions. Just a terrible season all around. With filming about to start for season 2 I don’t expect much to change.

thought we were done with the harfoots, but guess we are stuck with Nori for the foreseeable future. Her plot armor is going to be insane next season.

Also I always thought Sauron created the rings himself, not just gave them idea for the rings?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fresh Prince said:

Also I always thought Sauron created the rings himself, not just gave them idea for the rings?

It's been a while since I read it, but if I recall correctly from the Silmarillion, the Elves thought Sauron was reformed and worked with him in the creation of the Rings of Power for the Dwarves and Men while Sauron crafted the One ring in secret, and the three elven rings were created completely separate from Sauron so they were uncorrupted by the One.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

It's been a while since I read it, but if I recall correctly from the Silmarillion, the Elves thought Sauron was reformed and worked with him in the creation of the Rings of Power for the Dwarves and Men while Sauron crafted the One ring in secret, and the three elven rings were created completely separate from Sauron so they were uncorrupted by the One.

He was under his "fair" disguise of Annatar when he helped them create the rings of power.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Acgott said:

Screencrush and New Rockstars both haven’t released a video on the finale. That’s just shows how far one of the biggest properties has fallen.

New Rockstars explained why it was going to take a while for new videos on the show. They said they don't get advanced screenings like they do other shows so it takes longer.

13 minutes ago, biggio7 said:

New Rockstars explained why it was going to take a while for new videos on the show. They said they don't get advanced screenings like they do other shows so it takes longer.

They only did 2 breakdowns for the show anyway. 1/2 together and 3/4 together, so doesn’t look like this was getting traction for them anyway.

• 1 year later...
21 minutes ago, adamq said:

Surprised so many people were down on S1. I liked all the characters and little storylines

If the show had a different name I would’ve give up halfway through. The name alone is keeping me watching at the moment 

• 2 weeks later...