GB free agency 2022

squire12

JuJu is a FA signing I would be very pleased with. I've always liked him ever since his rookie season. His performance levels took a nose dive but despite that we know what he is capable of and he's still only 25. A change of scenery may do him good.

Right now his market may not be so robust. It wasn't so robust last year and it's looking like it's the same story again.

The WR market is busy right now and there's little noise regarding JuJu. Kirk and Gallup got a big FA deals, Cedric Wilson looking like he's going to Miami, MVS seems to have a lot of interest. Seems to be alot of activity with other WRs,

JuJu would be a fantastic fit with us because he's exactly the kind of WR Rodgers likes in the Driver/Jones mold.

• Like 1

Just now, Chili said:

JuJu is a FA signing I would be very pleased with. I've always liked him ever since his rookie season. His performance levels took a nose dive but despite that we know what he is capable of and he's still only 25. A change of scenery may do him good.

Right now his market may not be so robust. It wasn't so robust last year and it's looking like it's the same story again.

The WR market is busy right now and there's little noise regarding JuJu. Kirk and Gallup got a big FA deals, Cedric Wilson looking like he's going to Miami, MVS seems to have a lot of interest. Seems to be alot of activity with other WRs,

JuJu would be a fantastic fit with us because he's exactly the kind of WR Rodgers likes in the Driver/Jones mold.

Fine....but no TikTok  :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chili said:

I would rather have Landry over juju

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Could’ve lived without that, but it’ll be nice to not hear packfanfb complain nonstop relentlessly for the next three years about the least important position on defense.

Did I read this right you are on someone about complaining?

51 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

One of the most important things to do in Free Agency is to not back yourself into a corner in the draft.  If they didn't get Campbell or a credible replacement for Campbell, then you go into the draft thinking "well, we need to get an ILB". 

Like "they absolutely need to add a DB" is why you end up taking Kevin King over TJ Watt, and "everybody knows the Packers like Brandon Aiyuk and could add a WR" is why the 49ers traded up to snipe us.

Who was our projected starting inside linebacker last year prior to the draft?   (Hint:  It was not Campbell, as he was signed in June.)

I'm torn on this one.  I get your point.  But we are talking about an ILB here.  I tend to think most any veteran ILB with instincts would play well in this scheme.  Like there will be other guys out there later in the summer that could come in and play well.

Then again....Campbell is a known commodity for us.  If we can swing it financially, might as well do it.  

10 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

I would rather have Landry over juju

The difference here is that JuJu is a guy who is coming off an injury and is going to have to take a "prove-it" deal with somebody, and thus might be inclined to sign somewhere with a productive offense so that he can cash in a year later..

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

The difference here is that JuJu is a guy who is coming off an injury and is going to have to take a "prove-it" deal with somebody, and thus might be inclined to sign somewhere with a productive offense so that he can cash in a year later..

He'll keep OBJ's roster spot warm till he can return. 

Edited by Leader

13 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Who was our projected starting inside linebacker last year prior to the draft?   (Hint:  It was not Campbell, as he was signed in June.)

I'm torn on this one.  I get your point.  But we are talking about an ILB here.  I tend to think most any veteran ILB with instincts would play well in this scheme.  Like there will be other guys out there later in the summer that could come in and play well.

Then again....Campbell is a known commodity for us.  If we can swing it financially, might as well do it.  

I'm reasonably convinced by this, but then I think, surely if ILB is a low value position in this scheme and anyone could do it, don't the Packers know this?

With the cap super tight, it seems unlikely they would be wasting money at a position they knew wasn't that important?