GB free agency 2022

squire12

1 hour ago, Chili said:

Good for Z.  I'm not crying and not scared of him in the NFC north either.  He's gonna fade.  Keep harping on back surgeries.  He's not going to be the same player.  We'll see how long he's able to hold up.  Sure the Vikes would like nothing more than to stick it to the Packers but think this is a bad signing.  Don't expect double digit sacks from him this year. 

19 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

If we are entertaining McLaurin (whom I adore), how about....

Hollywood Brown?  He kind of broke out last year and went over 1,000 yards.  Learned how to run routes and get open on stop routes.  Like McLaurin, he would need to be paid soon.  But that would take care of the deep threat and give us a veteran WR who may still get better.

Baltimore is not going to give up their best WR right after his breakout season plus as a 1st round pick they will have the 5th year option. We got more chance of getting Myles Boykin who was drafted in the same year but haven't really amounted to anything so far.

DK Metcalf, AJ Brown and McLaurin are the the same boat, they will not face the 5th yr option as they were not 1st rounders but they are candidates for the franchise tag. Those teams will have seen how we handled Adams tag and trade and they will probably try to do the same if it reaches that point. I honestly don't think we have a shot in trading for one this early.

Brandian Cooks and Preston Williams are probably our best trade bets for those with one year left on their contracts.

1 hour ago, joeybrowner47 said:

If Z and Hunter are both healthy.. my goodness! and in a 3-4 where they’ll be standing up. Watch out Aaron 

Z physically was unable to stand up anywhere last year, let alone on a football field.

Love the guy, but he's turning 30 with a back surgery on his resume.  I hope he works out for yah, I'm thrilled that he cost real money, but that my friend, is a gamble.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chili said:

Baltimore is not going to give up their best WR right after his breakout season plus as a 1st round pick they will have the 5th year option. We got more chance of getting Myles Boykin who was drafted in the same year but haven't really amounted to anything so far.

DK Metcalf, AJ Brown and McLaurin are the the same boat, they will not face the 5th yr option as they were not 1st rounders but they are candidates for the franchise tag. Those teams will have seen how we handled Adams tag and trade and they will probably try to do the same if it reaches that point. I honestly don't think we have a shot in trading for one this early.

Brandian Cooks and Preston Williams are probably our best trade bets for those with one year left on their contracts.

Baltimore drafted Bateman in round one last year.  They were hedging their bet on Brown.  Wouldn't shock me if they wanted to move Brown before paying him real money and then draft a WR to go with an EDGE.  

That's the only reason I bring him up.  The drafting of Bateman.

8 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I like it. Wanted him last year. Good stop gap for DE.

Love it. If I recall he was in the same draft as Kenny Clark? I really liked him. Had a good start to his career in Seattle but I don't know how well he did in KC.