GB free agency 2022

squire12

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

GB fans downplay Z's future prospects, while KC downplays the value of Reed.  Par for the course when it comes to FA signings.

Eh, as a Packers fan in Kansas City, Reed was definitely underwhelming for most of the year, especially next to Chris Jones. He had a couple good games towards the end but for the most part was pretty unnoticeable. Hopefully he can rebound and be a 6-10 sack guy again, maybe moving to a 3-4 end will be a better fit for him. Now just add another guy early in the draft and we should have a pretty good rotation. 

11 minutes ago, Chili said:

What are your theories as to why MVS hasn't signed along the dotted line yet for any team?

Thought it would've happened by now.

Simple. The money isn't what he hoped for. All this talk about him having a $10m/year market never seemed right for a one-dimensional player like him. My guess, there are some offers out there in the $5-6m/year range, including the Packers. Market is drying up. 

1 hour ago, Chili said:

What are your theories as to why MVS hasn't signed along the dotted line yet for any team?

Thought it would've happened by now.

I think that DJ Chark contract really hurt his market value. He is likely viewed in the same light and that would likely be the contract he is going to get and like others have said I’m sure he is holding out hope he can get more.

He likely knows GB is somewhat desperate (might be too strong of a word) and is likely looking for leverage with another team to create a bidding war.