GB free agency 2022

squire12

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol. That’s like pooping your own pants so someone else has to deal with the smell.

You lose. We all lose. 

I was joking! I actually like reading your posts and agree with a lot of it. Also, he's one of my favorite Packers. Then again so was Rodgers and Adams.

Point being if he wants Ramsey money, sign him. If his agent is asking for Davante and Hill money you might have to think long and hard about moving him. That was my original post about this which started the debate. A rather healthy one I might add. 

There has to be some fiscal responsibility at some point. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BarnettOSU said:

Just a thought. What if they don’t want to pay Jaire what he’s asking and trade him. What could we get for him?

He's coming into year 4?  If he doesn't want to play ball follow the Adams example.  Wouldn't trade him.  Make him play this year and then exercise his 5th year option.  After which you slap the franchise tag on him.  At that point maybe a tag and trade and we could end up with some pretty decent compensation.  At least a #1.  

So get him for another 2 years and then trade him for some nice draft capital.  Packers hold all the leverage here.  No doubt they want to get him extended and I'm sure they will try.  

Edited by Scoremore

4 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

He's coming into year 4?  If he doesn't want to play ball follow the Adams example.  Wouldn't trade him.  Make him play this year and then exercise his 5th year option.  After which you slap the franchise tag on him.  At that point maybe a tag and trade and we could end up with some pretty decent compensation.  At least a #1.  

So get him for another 2 years and then trade him for some nice draft capital.  Packers hold all the leverage here.  No doubt they want to get him extended and I'm sure they will try.  

This is his 5th year option which they are trying to lower the 12 milionish, give or take, cap hit this year with an extension. Have to tag him next year. 

In all seriousness that is a very affordable deal for the Packers. It's a shame we couldn't reel him in. It's a standard 3yr $30m contract that is usually given to a talented but not quite proven player.

The writing was on the wall as soon it was announced he was visiting Kansas right after the Hill trade. They get two of the WRs I wanted to sign in this year's FA. Gutting.

The Packers really need to get the ball rolling now. Will Fuller or Keelan Cole will have to do if we want to add some depth to the WR room.

Edited by Chili
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chili said:

In all seriousness that is a very affordable deal for the Packers. It's a shame we couldn't reel him in. It's a standard 3yr $30m contract that is usually given to a talented but not quite proven player.

The writing was on the wall as soon it was announced he was visiting Kansas right after the Hill trade. They get two of the WRs I wanted to sign in this year's FA. Gutting.

The Packers really need to get the ball rolling now. Will Fuller or Keelan Cole will have to do if we want to add some depth to the WR room.

Agreed. I do think Gutey has something in the works at WR though. We shall see. 

I like fuller but don’t like the idea of giving him even what MVS just got considering his injury history. 

8 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

What’s this gonna be for a comp pick?

The pluses and minuses for the formula are not all in, remember that the signing of Jarran Reed will count against the Packers in the end. 

2 minutes ago, R T said:

The pluses and minuses for the formula are not all in, remember that the signing of Jarran Reed will count against the Packers in the end. 

Correct.   As of now GB is net even

Added Reed and O'Donnell 

Lost Burks and MVS