GB free agency 2022

squire12

I hated living in Wisconsin (lived in Appleton for 17 years).  Didn't like the people, the food, the weather, or the farmland that everyone tried to pass off as nature (it's not).  The lower cost of living was the only thing it had going for it IMO, but even that's getting bad now just like it is everywhere else in the country.

CORRECTION:  24 years total (22 in Appleton, 1 in Milwaukee, 1 in La Crosse)

Edited by MaximusGluteus
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

I hated living in Wisconsin (lived in Appleton for 17 years).  Didn't like the people, the food, the weather, or the farmland that everyone tried to pass off as nature (it's not).  The lower cost of living was the only thing it had going for it IMO, but even that's getting bad now just like it is everywhere else in the country.

I'm sorry you never left the 40mi radius you grew up in to experience something other than farmland lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I'm sorry you never left the 40mi radius you grew up in to experience something other than farmland lol

Facts, has he never been to Madison? Food there is 👌👌👌

Edited by Nick_gb
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Not disagreeing necessarily, but that is the essence and magic of Green Bay and why it’s the most coveted community in the NFL.  The Packers are GB and vice versa.  There’s no equal in the NFL world.  It’s WHY you go to GB.  It’s Mecca, Jerusalem, Vatican City.  Folks don’t go to GB to get a tan, hang at the beach, or for its culinary attributes.  Players either want to play in GB to immerse themselves in football greatness or they don’t.  Same with the fans or tourists.

I 100% agree with this post. While I think GB is a very nice place and has some cool spots; however, compared to other NFL teams it is probably near the bottom for majority of players to select as a destination. Now, when it comes to the history of football and being a part of history is definitely why some come to play here. When I retire, I might move to GB just to go to every public practice and every home game. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Or the driftless area that makes up damn near a third of the state!

It's hilarious how butt hurt some of you get whenever someone has an opinion different than yours.  I wasn't even being combative about it LOL.

Edited by MaximusGluteus
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

It's hilarious how butt hurt some of you get whenever someone says something you don't agree with.  I wasn't even being combative about it LOL.

You are sensitive that people corrected you. You stated something incorrect and were corrected. That's all that happened.

• Like 1

I swear we have this conversation every year during free agency.

GB is a quarter the size of the next smallest NFL city, the weather in winter sucks, and there's no culture/diversity. It's clearly low on the totem pole for desirability as far as destinations go for most NFL players. 

They almost all tend to love it once they get there but very few are excited by the idea of it.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

It's hilarious how butt hurt some of you get whenever someone has an opinion different than yours.  I wasn't even being combative about it LOL.

Opinions are nice, however you wonder why some are butt hurt when you trashed everything about Wisconsin.  LOL .. good thing you left I guess and found paradise.