Worst case draft day scenario for your team

minutemancl

On 3/3/2022 at 8:47 AM, Ray Reed said:

With our top needs being OT/Pass Rusher/CB it would be a kick in the nads if all of 

Neal
Ekwonu
Cross
Hutchinson
Thibodeaux
Jermaine Johnson
Gardner
Stingley
Hamilton

were all gone by our pick. It's pretty obnoxious that we're picking top 15 for the first time in forever and it's looking very likely that the top 3 players at each position of need for us are going to be gone by pick 14 lol. 

I hope they're all gone 🙂.

• Like 2

On 3/3/2022 at 10:47 AM, Ray Reed said:

With our top needs being OT/Pass Rusher/CB it would be a kick in the nads if all of 

Neal
Ekwonu
Cross
Hutchinson
Thibodeaux
Jermaine Johnson
Gardner
Stingley
Hamilton

were all gone by our pick. It's pretty obnoxious that we're picking top 15 for the first time in forever and it's looking very likely that the top 3 players at each position of need for us are going to be gone by pick 14 lol. 

Kind of looks that way but you could still get David Ojabo possibly or Daxton Hill or Nik Bonitto or Nakobe Dean.  I still think Jordan Davis could fit really well with the Ravens and provide a big need with multiple DL as free agents, but Vikings might be looking at Jordan Davis now with that amazing workout.  

Or they just trade the pick.

I do have now the Ravens stealing Travis Jones in the 2nd round from the Steelers.  But Jones could go higher maybe to the Chiefs or the Lions, Giants or Jets before that.

Or Ravens just take Tyler Linderbaum if they are not going to resign Bozeman at center.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Kind of looks that way but you could still get David Ojabo possibly or Daxton Hill or Nik Bonitto or Nakobe Dean.  I still think Jordan Davis could fit really well with the Ravens and provide a big need with multiple DL as free agents, but Vikings might be looking at Jordan Davis now with that amazing workout.  

Or they just trade the pick.

I do have now the Ravens stealing Travis Jones in the 2nd round from the Steelers.  But Jones could go higher maybe to the Chiefs or the Lions, Giants or Jets before that.

Or Ravens just take Tyler Linderbaum if they are not going to resign Bozeman at center.  

Yeah at this point the way most mock boards are falling as a fan I would be most in favor of trading down to the 20s and taking a guy like McDuffie, Penning or Davis. But it takes 2 to tango obviously so that’s incumbent upon another team really liking someone who was there at 14 which I don’t really see.

Starting to warm up to the idea of Travon Walker at 14 however.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, JetsCrash said:

The Jets do not draft an offensive lineman with either of their first two picks. 

Why would that be so bad?  I wouldn't be surprised if their top 2 picks were both on defense. They can address the offense in free agency as they need a WR1 and an interior O-line upgrade. I thought Fant was going to be the LT with Becton moving to RT? Sign a free agent guard who's better than Van Roten and consider the O-line fixed. There is decent draft depth there too.

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

Why would that be so bad?  I wouldn't be surprised if their top 2 picks were both on defense. They can address the offense in free agency as they need a WR1 and an interior O-line upgrade. I thought Fant was going to be the LT with Becton moving to RT? Sign a free agent guard who's better than Van Roten and consider the O-line fixed. There is decent draft depth there too.

I have this scenario under the assumption that the Jets go more defensive in FA than offensive and do not make a major signing at IOL. If they sign someone like Ryan Jensen, then it is okay to go double defense (as our defense is a big issue, too). Fant was really great last year, but I do not think he is a long-term answer like some of the linemen in this draft. There is a lot the Jets can do, so there really are not too many nightmare scenarios. 

On 3/5/2022 at 3:13 PM, NudeTayne said:

I hope they're all gone 🙂.

I’d be fine with Jordan Davis at that point… I feel like he can have a Haloti Ngata type impact on our defense… IMO our worse case scenario is a likely reality and that would be no QB or receiver picked before our selection…

Edited by bmorecareful

28 minutes ago, bmorecareful said:

I’d be fine with Jordan Davis at that point… I feel like he can have a Haloti Ngata type impact on our defense… IMO our worse case scenario is a likely reality and that would be no QB or receiver picked before our selection…

In this scenario all those guys are gone and Browns grab Davis at 13 to reverse the curse.

• 2 weeks later...

1) Trading up for a QB....especially giving up a future first in the process.
2) Reaching on a player we have no business taking in the first or even second round
3) Drafting pretty much any QB at 20 in this draft.
4) Drafting a defensive back in round 1....only because I am deathly afraid of Colbert and Tomlin's ability to draft defensive backs in round 1 and 2.

• 2 weeks later...

The one nice thing about having so many unfilled holes is we are pretty draft flexible....

That being said, while we currently have gaping holes at CB2, CB3, MLB, SS, and 3T..... The worst case scenario overall for the Bears this draft is simply missing out on any top OL or WR prospects. The #1 goal for this season imo is getting the pieces around Fields in order to properly evaluate what we even have in him. Our offensive line sucks, our WR room sucks, our TE room sucks, our RB room is overrated when looking at pure statistics. Now granted, Nagy was a sizable problem as well, and he's thankfully gone, but better coaching can only do so much when the player talent isn't there.

So yeah, we need OL and WR right now, and we need day 1 starters at those roles.... Don't be surprised if 2 of our first 3 picks are at those positions... and I'd probably say going 3 defensive picks with our first 3 picks (and then no picks again until the 5th) is basically the nightmare scenario for how Chicago ends up with another top defense and a bottom feeder offense that gets us to the fringe wildcard level we like wallowing in.