Wild trade ideas

Louis Friend

14 hours ago, jrry32 said:

One type of restructuring does. But it's a pretty minor issue at this point. A separate type of restructure is offering him guaranteed money and/or an extension to lower his cap numbers.

Seeing how we are still dealing with Quintricia's bad contracts I'm not in a hurry to trade assets to take on another bad contract. Restructuring a bad contract kicks the can down the road by making the future cap hit worse and/or making it more costly to release/trade the player. Aside from a pay cut, which is rare, I'm not aware of any restructure that doesn't negatively impact a team in the future. 

5 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

I don’t think he’s worth 20 million per year. While the Lions could certainly use him I think that type of money is better spent elsewhere. This is a really deep receiver class and there are going to be a number of free agents available.

Do you think Cooper is worth that type of money?

$20 million per year? No. It's why I'd work out a deal with him after the trade.

On 3/4/2022 at 8:30 AM, Just Want A Title said:

One potential trade target that may not be so crazy:  Montez Sweat.  Their entire D-Line are first round picks and they can't afford to pay everyone especially if Chase Young continues to perform as expected.  They could offer him to trade up from #11 or maybe offer him for the #2 pick without giving up #11.  I would consider Sweat and Hutchinson as being pretty close in they type of impact they would have on the team.  Thoughts?

To keep this thread on track and not focused and Cooper (who I do not want to trade for), I would take the trade in the OP. I like Goff, but not as much as I like Chase young and whatever young gun they choose at 11 in this scenario. Though, I am starting to think Ridder has a shot at being awesome. 

Edited by BarryTheBest

19 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Saw that.  Sounds like it was when he was away from the team, and its legal now so I don't really care.  I hope they dont try and make a Pete Rose out of him.  

After listening to more sports talk discussion on it, I can understand it but still think its harsh.  If he was away from the team, not involved, then who cares.  I think a 4 game suspension would have been plenty.  He pretty much retired from football for the remainder of last year but I guess he was probably still getting paid by the team.  They definitely had to do something, but the argument that he has friends on the team and could have inside info goes for anyone not currently on a roster who knows an NFL player.  

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

After listening to more sports talk discussion on it, I can understand it but still think its harsh.  If he was away from the team, not involved, then who cares.  I think a 4 game suspension would have been plenty.  He pretty much retired from football for the remainder of last year but I guess he was probably still getting paid by the team.  They definitely had to do something, but the argument that he has friends on the team and could have inside info goes for anyone not currently on a roster who knows an NFL player.  

Which, if it was shown that he might have had access to insider info, would warrant the suspension. However, they've acknowledged that he didn't and/or have any insider knowledge of the gameplan from team officials and/or other players. 

Sam from PFF made a really good point - a) the players are allowed to play fantasy football without any recourse. How much could be made with a DFS or season-long league? b) The league has several "official" sports betting partners which are plastered all over the place. I don't take any issue in someone betting on themselves and/or their team to win. 

This just seems hypocritical and far too harsh based on the circumstances.

The Rams were built as a team of stars and scrubs.  What if Holmes goes that same route?  Here's a scenario:

At 2 they draft Hutch.

Hamilton starts to slide a little, to say picks 8-11.  The Lions pull a Julio Jones trade something like 32, 34 and next years 1st or 2nd.

The Lions leave the draft with Hutchinson, Hamilton and in the third grab one of the LBs or WRs (both positions are stacked).  That's two potential superstars to and another starter or two in this draft.