2022 Minnesota Vikings Offseason

SemperFeist

Jordan Hicks: "I want to be disruptive, I want to be consistent, I want to be somebody that has to be game planned for. I feel like I have a lot more left in the tank and a lot more good football ahead. It starts day one of the offseason, so that's the mentality, get in the lab and we're all starting from scratch, right? New coaching staff, so it's exciting times."

The 29-year-old Hicks figures to slot in as starter at inside linebacker next to Eric Kendricks in Minnesota's new 3-4 defensive scheme.

https://www.vikings.com/news/jordan-hicks-eric-kendricks-linebackers?fbclid=IwAR2soTjrtdYVZmYR6z_88Ds8BIuEjfs0rL-mtqGROecS3f1C6pr81vPp0dc

I wasn't sure where to put this so posting in the offseason thread - Teams I feel are better than the Vikings right now

1. Chiefs AFC

2.Bills AFC

3.Rams NFC

4. Packers NFC

5. Buccaneers NFC

6. Bengals AFC

7. 49ers NFC

8. Patriots AFC

9. Raiders AFC

10. Cardinals NFC

11. Broncos AFC

12. Titans AFC

13. Chargers AFC

14.Browns AFC

15. Colts AFC

16. Cowboys NFC 

Vikings come next with the saints/eagles/Ravens/Dolphins

Not necessarily in the exact order best to worst but approximately in order.

KAM & KOC have a lot of work to do

EDIT: The offseason also has plenty of time left so my opinion of where we stand vs the rest of the league is subject to change

Edited by viking

1 hour ago, viking said:

I wasn't sure where to put this so posting in the offseason thread - Teams I feel are better than the Vikings right now

1. Chiefs AFC

2.Bills AFC

3.Rams NFC

4. Packers NFC

5. Buccaneers NFC

6. Bengals AFC

7. 49ers NFC

8. Patriots AFC

9. Raiders AFC

10. Cardinals NFC

11. Broncos AFC

12. Titans AFC

13. Chargers AFC

14.Browns AFC

15. Colts AFC

16. Cowboys NFC 

Vikings come next with the saints/eagles/Ravens/Dolphins

Not necessarily in the exact order best to worst but approximately in order.

KAM & KOC have a lot of work to do

EDIT: The offseason also has plenty of time left so my opinion of where we stand vs the rest of the league is subject to change

Eagles I would say a better than the Vikings, if Hurts improves that OL coach is one of the best in the league, they are always tough on D and will be improved in terms of receivers and that running game is legit with that OL.  They have a foundation because the OL is always solid, Vikings do not have that and Ravens with their additions are improved as well getting Moses at RT, bringing in Marcus Williams at safety and Pierce and should do a great job drafting and will have RBs back healthy next year when the top three were all hurt last year.  

Also Dolphins should be solid and improved assuming Tua improves, the Saints who knows though with that QB situation.  Possibly could throw the Steelers into that if one of those QBs hit, they have superior coaching in my view which should help.  

But yeah they have a ton of work to do, especially since the off season has been pretty uneventful.  Pittsburgh has made a ton of solid signings that were not super expensive, Vikings have done none of that but waiting I assume on the Hunter situation to make a move.  Right now the roster is a mess because those corners could be some of the worst in the league if they end up being the starters of Boyd, Hand and Dantzler.  

This below is not awful right now and I would agree with Tomlinson as the NT.  but if they lose Hunter that group greatly changes in how it looks, and again those corners are yikes.

DE Harrison Phillips / J. Lynch

NT Dalvin Tomlinson / J. Scott / TY McGill

DE Armon Watts / Jaylen Twyman / P. Jones

Danielle Hunter / C. Surratt

Eric Kendricks / T. Dye

Jordan Hicks / B. Lynch

D.J. Wonnum / J. Robinson 

K. Boyd / Harrison Hand

Harrison Smith

Camryn Bynum

Cameron Dantzler 

Hoping they can bring back Peterson cheap once they  figure out Hunter. Seems the market is pretty nonexistent for him. If they can add Peterson, grab a CB in round one or two, I’d feel a little bit better. But yes, it’s an awful group. They really should sign a FA CB, in addition to Peterson. Any decent slot CB options, would be ideal to get a vet in that role this year. 

Still hoping for Zadarious Smith.

• Like 1