Bengals Draft

THE DUKE

Went to PFF and this is a what I think the Bengals will do draft.  No trades.

31. Daxton Hill, DB, Michigan
63. Perrion Winfrey, DT, Oklahoma
95. Zyon McCollum, Sam Houston State
136. Daniel Bellinger, TE, San Diego State
174. Zachary Thomas, OL, San Diego State
209. David Anenih, Edge, Houston
226. Isaiah Weston, WR, Northern Iowa
252. Devin Harper, LB, Oklahoma State

Hill pick already in.  Side note, Hill's vertical was 33.5" at the combine, but he did jump 37.5" at the pro day.  Vertical isn't really something that benefits from a fast track or other pro day tricks.  Also added 6 inches to his broad jump. If you change his profile to that, his RAS jumps up to 9.70 up from 9.06
Daxton Hill RAS - RASRAS Calculator(Pro Day jumps included)

So I think 3 tech will be topping their board at 63 as long as something like Booth falling there because of medicals doesn't happen.  They met with Winfrey, he fits the profile of what they need, and he's ok value at 63.
Perrion Winfrey RAS

I didn't know they met with McCollum until a couple days ago, and his insane athletic profile has pushed him up boards.  He would only need to be CB5 to start and you work him in, and he has CB1 upside.
Zyon McCollum RAS

They haven't met with Bellinger, but outside of maybe McBride, he fits the profile of what they pick at TE almost down to a T.  On top of that he has a 9.51 RAS score which compares well with most of the top TE's in the NFL.
Daniel Bellinger RAS

Bengals tend to like to double dip in schools, and Zachary Thomas has played all 5 positions on the oline at varying points so he also brings the versatility the Bengals like in their developmental offensive linemen.  A great athlete with almost 34" arms and versatility is nice value in rd 5.
Zachary Thomas RAS

I was looking to take Makai Polk here, but he literally went one pick before me, so I went to Edge and nabbed David Anenih (he actually isn't on the PFF board so I took a place holder, but this is about where he is projected to go, possibly UDFA).  Anenih is undersized so he'd be almost purely a situational pass rusher, but he tested ok overall but showed elite explosion and good speed.  For rd 6 a solid gamble and someone they met with.
David Anenih RAS

Next I finally got a WR, Isaiah Weston is older (already 24) but he's an elite athlete already (9.62 RAS) so you don't have to worry about projecting athleticism and  he brings good size and explosion.  Would mostly be a deep threat, tested poorly in the agility drills, but a tall WR to take the top off and let the big 3 work underneath has value.  Also met with the Bengals pre-draft.
Isaiah Weston RAS

Following the same there, the Bengals met with Devin Harper, and he tested like an elite athlete with a 9.51 RAS.  A little on the short side at just over 6 feet tall, but elite speed and agility times with good explosion testing as well.  Looks ideal for special teams and maybe you uncover a gem.
Devin Harper RAS

3 minutes ago, ochocinco4pres said:

I'd be happy with that. I still think its corner or D line at 63. Just go BPA. With the Carman story out there, I wonder if that changes their thoughts on O line. Even though they apparently knew about the story when they drafted him, could it change their future plans with him?

I don't know what to make of that story. I hate this stuff.

5 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

cam Brit taylor is a guy to keep an eye on as well in round two.  Then circle back to DT later (the UC kid Brooks)

I'm certainly not opposed to that, I just think it is more likely they circle back to 3-Tech before CB given Hill's versatility.  I don't think it will be an offensive pick unless McBride is still there.

Just now, Beck Bristow said:

Yeah, you kind of have to withhold judgement until you know details.  Not a good look regardless

• He was 18 at the time, and the girl 15 is what I heard.  If he was a young 18 and her almost 16, that's a big difference.  If he's almost 19 and her just 15 that's a big difference too.
  • Waiting years and it coming out right before the draft is odd timing

I don't really know too much beyond that

15 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I'm certainly not opposed to that, I just think it is more likely they circle back to 3-Tech before CB given Hill's versatility.  I don't think it will be an offensive pick unless McBride is still there.

There are only 3 DT I think would be good picks at 63. Hall, Jones and Winfrey. If they are gone do not take a DT there. 

16 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

I don't either. Paul Dehner talked about it on the podcast. Said the Bengals tend to treat it similar to Mixon when he was coming out. They were aware of the situation. Since it was settled and they felt ok with his character beyond the incident, they take the player and he doesn't expect them to cut him or anything. 

1 hour ago, ochocinco4pres said:

I don't either. Paul Dehner talked about it on the podcast. Said the Bengals tend to treat it similar to Mixon when he was coming out. They were aware of the situation. Since it was settled and they felt ok with his character beyond the incident, they take the player and he doesn't expect them to cut him or anything. 

Yeah, at this point it will be based on his play. Kind of rooting for it though, to be honest. I don't love that cloud hanging over the team. Just one of those thing that's a huge nope for me.