2022 Offseason Discussion

59 minutes ago, JDD said:

So now the move is to get Carr for a 1st and 3rd and Baker??

I'm starting to think everyone is just throwing **** at the wall to see what sticks

That would be a terrible trade and a waste of a 1st and 3rd. 

I'm starting the agents are paying the news media. 

49 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

See...i think Jimmy G has some game to him...when healthy.  He is streaky though, and that inconsistency won't bode well for us.  I think this may be best case scenario if Watson is gone!

I just wonder if we draft one this year or next?  or both

I heard THE Bowling Green State University has a nice 2* coming out in the class of '24 we could target.

5 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I heard THE Bowling Green State University has a nice 2* coming out in the class of '24 we could target.

I heard a jackrabbit announced he is a candidate Because we have zero depth at this writing. 

It’s amazing this dude even has a say where he is playing football. The fact that he is even allowed to continue to make millions of dollars and celebrity, considering where he was at last year, he shouldn’t even have the power to choose a destination. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

It’s amazing this dude even has a say where he is playing football. The fact that he is even allowed to continue to make millions of dollars and celebrity, considering where he was at last year, he shouldn’t even have the power to choose a destination. 

We can all hope for an UNhappy ending for him!

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47j7kn6pbjvlwedj28oiu

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

@brownie man where you at Nostradamus? 

I live in California and I was getting ready for work. Just got here I’ve been replying. 

a few things 

1. I absolutely think we had the best roster to offer. I felt our roster could be attractive enough for him to want to sign on. I also never said we would get him for sure. Never once did I say that. 

2. I’ve been Watson or bust from the start. If you don’t get Watson run it back with Baker, and if we get any other QB get them in the draft. I’m not out here saying drop Baker for Carr or Jimmy. I’ve never said that once. 

3. This was the right thing to do. Watson would’ve been a clear upgrade over Baker. You improve the team when you have the opportunity. We did go down there and make a serious pitch understanding the ramifications  

4. I still feel like we’re in a great spot. If Jimmy G can be a professional after the 9ers traded up for Lance I believe Baker should be a professional and come into work. Now if he doesn’t want to that shows his feelings were hurt, but our FO job is to win games and not compromise on that mindset so feelings don’t get hurt. 

5. I’m not sure if Baker is the franchise QB, but unless he requests a trade we still hold most of the cards. We’ve got him on the 5th year and we still have potentially 2 franchise tags. 

I’ll be making a post Deshaun mock once his trade is finalized. 

Edited by brownie man

Look, I have been on the train that Mayfield staying here for year five was the right decision for the Browns. But with the public courting, likely private conversations, and possible divide with Baker and some of the locker room, I just don’t think they will run it back. Baker does have a huge ego. He doesn’t have the same demeanor as a guy like Matt Ryan, who might run it back with his team a bit easier. He has a burr up his *** every time somebody in the media says something about him. All that said I think he has already made up his mind, even if the Browns haven’t, that he is done here.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Look, I have been on the train that Mayfield staying here for year five was the right decision for the Browns. But with the public courting, likely private conversations, and possible divide with Baker and some of the locker room, I just don’t think they will run it back. Baker does have a huge ego. He doesn’t have the same demeanor as a guy like Matt Ryan, who might run it back with his team a bit easier. He has a burr up his *** every time somebody in the media says something about him. All that said I think he has already made up his mind, even if the Browns haven’t, that he is done here.

I don’t disagree, but this might be a great time to learn that burr up your arse mentality sometimes blows up in your face.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brownie man said:

I live in California and I was getting ready for work. Just got here I’ve been replying. 

a few things 

1. I absolutely think we had the best roster to offer. I felt our roster could be attractive enough for him to want to sign on. I also never said we would get him for sure. Never once did I say that. 

2. I’ve been Watson or bust from the start. If you don’t get Watson run it back with Baker, and if we get any other QB get them in the draft. I’m not out here saying drop Baker for Carr or Jimmy. I’ve never said that once. 

3. This was the right thing to do. Watson would’ve been a clear upgrade over Baker. You improve the team when you have the opportunity. We did go down there and make a serious pitch understanding the ramifications  

4. I still feel like we’re in a great spot. If Jimmy G can be a professional after the 9ers traded up for Lance I believe Baker should be a professional and come into work. Now if he doesn’t want to that shows his feelings were hurt, but our FO job is to win games and not compromise on that mindset so feelings don’t get hurt. 

5. I’m not sure if Baker is the franchise QB, but unless he requests a trade we still hold most of the cards. We’ve got him on the 5th year and we still have potentially 2 franchise tags. 

I’ll be making a post Deshaun mock once his trade is finalized. 

Huh