2022 Offseason Discussion

26 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I have a feeling they’re gonna bring in a good vet and draft a DE R1.  

This is what I'm thinking they probably do.

I think we may even get one more WR in free agency (as much as Robinson? or a Gage? or Chark?) and then get a DE round 1, a DT round 2, and maybe trade back into the 2nd for a WR, or maybe take one in the 3rd.

This is a REALLY deep WR class, it wouldn't surprise me if we enjoy that depth.

Remember we got DPJ in the 6th round of the last REALLY deep WR class.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

This is what I'm thinking they probably do.

I think we may even get one more WR in free agency (as much as Robinson? or a Gage? or Chark?) and then get a DE round 1, a DT round 2, and maybe trade back into the 2nd for a WR, or maybe take one in the 3rd.

This is a REALLY deep WR class, it wouldn't surprise me if we enjoy that depth.

Remember we got DPJ in the 6th round of the last REALLY deep WR class.

Don't think we'll be getting Robinson with how much Kirk just got...

2 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Don't think we'll be getting Robinson with how much Kirk just got...

How much Kirk got is dependent on how much Jacksonville had to pay to get someone there.

I don't see Robinson getting that kind of money anywhere, but I could be wrong.

Not every team will fall in line when one team WAY overpays for a guy.

But I could be wrong :-P.

37 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Nobody is acting like Baker is a standup dude and I’ll never condone that but there’s still a difference between cheating and what Watson was accused of.

I’m not saying there’s not. 

Im just saying I feel like when fans compare Baker they make him out to be this standup dude for morality. 

Like he’s not that. Definitely not saying their actions are even close to being similar. Just saying Baker isn’t coming with the Joe Burrow background as stand up kid. 

I don’t think we do much in FA in the next few days. Things contracts are stupid. Enjoy Amari and wait it out till things make sense. You’ve got a draft full of assets. 

45 minutes ago, brownie man said:

The thing that gets me with the Watson deal that’s morally crazy 

people are trashing his name to the core right 

but you look at Baker who I think it’s pretty much confirmed got caught having relations with a chick while he was engaged/married. I forget if he was married yet but I know he was at least engaged at the time. 

This is one of the worst takes I’ve ever seen

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I’m not saying there’s not. 

Im just saying I feel like when fans compare Baker they make him out to be this standup dude for morality. 

Show me one post of someone commenting on Baker’s morality in a positive manner.  One single post.

2 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I don’t think we do much in FA in the next few days. Things contracts are stupid. Enjoy Amari and wait it out till things make sense. You’ve got a draft full of assets. 

Stick to repeating this for a while, you’re doing ok here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Stephen Dorff Sheriff GIF by FOX TV

😂 

but back to topic. I think the smart thing to do at this point is wait out the signings. Bring in depth on the D line with more cheap 1-2 year contracts. 

An underrated spot people are not mentioning is linebacker. We’ve got to decide whether Walker is coming back or not. 

5 minutes ago, brownie man said:

😂

but back to topic. I think the smart thing to do at this point is wait out the signings. Bring in depth on the D line with more cheap 1-2 year contracts. 

Yeah, sit out the first wave or two of FA and see who’s left and who may be had for a deal.

5 minutes ago, brownie man said:

An underrated spot people are not mentioning is linebacker. We’ve got to decide whether Walker is coming back or not. 

I see no reason at all to bring him back.  He’s garbage imo. Play some rookie.  They’ll cost a fraction of the price and can’t be much worse.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah, sit out the first wave or two of FA and see who’s left and who may be had for a deal.

I see no reason at all to bring him back.  He’s garbage imo. Play some rookie.  They’ll cost a fraction of the price and can’t be much worse.

It’s crazy cause apparently his PFF pass coverage grade was like 10 top in the league last year. I didn’t see it, but I think I’d be open to doing another year with him. 

He at least called the defense for us. Even if he’s the weakest link if he can get everyone else right that could be valuable.