2022 Offseason Discussion

39 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

It's beyond ridiculous tbh. He plays a premier position at an elite level. Not re-signing him is beyond stupid IMO, especially if we are going to be "ahead a lot" and teams are going to be throwing. Pass rush (Myles, check) and a lockdown secondary (JJ3, Denzel, Newsome) are necessities.

What money are they suppose to resign him with? We only have like 20M and still have a few players left to sign and an entire draft class. It will have to wait. 

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

What money are they suppose to resign him with? We only have like 20M and still have a few players left to sign and an entire draft class. It will have to wait. 

I'm fine IF they wait, I'm not fine IF they don't re-sign him at all, which was the context of what I was trying to say. Perhaps I didn't articulate that clearly.

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

@ET80 says it would be a fantastic match

Sign Fuller + Landry and let Clowney walk. Then draft all d-line.

Hell no. I’d rather pass on both of those and sign clowney. He and Garrett were amazing together. Watson can make WRs look good. We don’t have a good enough pick to make a difference at DE this year. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Hell no. I’d rather pass on both of those and sign clowney. He and Garrett were amazing together. Watson can make WRs look good. We don’t have a good enough pick to make a difference at DE this year. 

I agree with you.

However, the front office is probably gambling on them being able to draft a good DE at 44 (could always trade up) vs drafting 2 WRs.

Jarvis knows the system and the team.

Will Fuller has chemistry with Watson.

I think with what Ward is likely going to be asking for and deserve we should seriously consider trading him. He will net us a first round pick. Better that than losing him for nothing, which is a real possibility as I just don’t think we can keep him unless he takes a big home town discount 

6 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

I think with what Ward is likely going to be asking for and deserve we should seriously consider trading him. He will net us a first round pick. Better that than losing him for nothing, which is a real possibility as I just don’t think we can keep him unless he takes a big home town discount 

We could go tag, tag, let him go

5 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

I could see it happening if one of our other CBs develop.

6 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

I'd hate to lose Ward but I think your plan is possible and maybe likely. It would also free up 13 million this year to rollover into next year so not only would we have relief of not paying him 20 million+ next year (couldn't happen anyway after the Watson/Cooper contracts) we actually get to add cap assuming we don't spend it this year.

Now being on an expiring contract lowers his value because a team essentially has to sign him to a free agent deal after trading for him, it would be higher than the 3rd round comp pick we'd get for him.