2022 Offseason Discussion

26 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

I'll be very surprised if we don't give Ward an extension.

We may have to wait it out until some of the dominos fall (Baker, Clowney, other FA's, etc), but I think we'll end up keeping him.

It is going to be interesting But let us see how the leaders of the team react to Deshaun Watson questions. 

We are going to be the most questioned team come September 1st .

43 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

I'll be very surprised if we don't give Ward an extension.

We may have to wait it out until some of the dominos fall (Baker, Clowney, other FA's, etc), but I think we'll end up keeping him.

Absolutely 

We’re keeping Ward 100%. People didn’t think we’d keep Chubb either smh. The Warden is going nowhere. 

2 hours ago, brownie man said:

Absolutely 

We’re keeping Ward 100%. People didn’t think we’d keep Chubb either smh. The Warden is going nowhere. 

We could keep Ward. Say he signs for a team friendly 4 year 72 million extension. 7.5 million signing bonus per season with a salary of 1 million in 23, 4 million in 24 and then like 15 and 22 in 25 and 25 with no real intention of those salaries staying that way.

It would still be really tough to do and there would be other hard decisions made to accommodate but it's possible at the sacrifice of other players.

We can't let much count in 23 and 24 though, I mentioned many times about the 23 cap problems but 24 isn't going to be any better. We have 15 guys signed for 2024 and 190 in cap used among them and voided contracts. So if the cap makes a huge jump to 265 million it's going to be tricky with no offensive tackles signed and Newsome, JOK and Garrett the only starting defensive players signed. Fields, Togiai and LeCounte make up the 6 total defensive players signed in 2024.

So yeah, throw in Ward for 2024 at 10 million and we can round out the rest (including 15 signed draft picks in 22 and 23) and we'll have about 35 million to sign 22 guys so we'll have a lot of league minimum/rookies starting.

I'd like too keep Ward and if we had to lose one olineman especially an interior guy I think it would be worth it. I cant see us keeping both Bit and Teller for the duration of their contracts with the guys I'd have a head of them, Ward and Wils.

At least it is a good problem to have too much talent. We have never had that before.

Ramsey went for multiple picks. Would we do that with Ward if it is offered? Of it got is back into the 1st round? And more picks next year. 

Edited by Kiwibrown

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

I'd like too keep Ward and if we had to lose one olineman especially an interior guy I think it would be worth it. I cant see us keeping both Bit and Twller for the duration of their contracts with the guys I'd have a head of them, Ward and Wils.

At least it is a good problem to have too much talent. We have never had that before.

Ramsey went for multiple picks. Would we do that with Ward if it is offered? Of it got is back into the 1st round? And more picks next year. 

If you can't get two firsts for Ward it's a bad deal.

11 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I'd reluctantly move on from him for that. I was thinking of the Buccs. It would be too late 1s from them. 

Since he's in a contract year I believe this is about what they might get for him. If the FO is smart, though, they bank on future firsts to try to run out the clock on Brady, like a '23 and '24 1st.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

He is an awesome talent at a premier position. 

Yep. His biggest weakness is his health and that trended up last year only missing 2 games and in one the starters didn't play and the other was for Covid.

Still, things happen. Last year at this time we were 100% sure we'd sign him. Add Watson/Cooper contracts in 2023 and it's looking pretty iffy.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

He is an awesome talent at a premier position. 

Right and he plays a much more difficult position to find a great talent at than lets say....RG.

If you are a contender/looking to contend in the playoffs, top 15 CBs are not the type of player you let go.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1