Rodgers reportedly coming back

Arthur Penske

I am so freaking pissed. I told the Seahawks fans (where I live) that I saw one of Wilson or Carrol gone before next season. That move above aligned with that. But I also had guessed we would trade Rodgers and kick start our 'rebuild'. So pissed that the Hawks were aggressive about the rebuild and we just gave more years and $$ to Rodgers.

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

…They’ll have done the same thing they’ve done in each of the past 10 years.

Is… Is that what you were looking for?

Yeah but it will be worse this year and ext. Rodgers is clearly the class of the nfc now. Like no other QB is near him in the nfc. Brees, Wilson, Brady… the last few years one could argue. They might not be right but one could argue.

Who are the next best QBs in the nfc? Dak, Murray, Stafford, Cousins?

like unless fields, Lance or some rookie just comes in and sets the league on fire…

2 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Yeah but it will be worse this year and ext. Rodgers is clearly the class of the nfc now. Like no other QB is near him in the nfc. Brees, Wilson, Brady… the last few years one could argue. They might not be right but one could argue.

Who are the next best QBs in the nfc? Dak, Murray, Stafford, Cousins?

like unless fields, Lance or some rookie just comes in and sets the league on fire…

I’m more concerned about which elite defensive line gets to the playoffs.

Really compounds the mistake of drafting Love to begin with.   Set out with a controversial plan, and then abandoned it when the time came to enact.   Why drop the year last offseason and then sign a new one for bigger dollars?  When the cap problems were already known?

This needs to be a very reasonable contract, or Gute really F'd up everything.

Just now, hitnhope said:

Really compounds the mistake of drafting Love to begin with.   Set out with a controversial plan, and then abandoned it when the time came to enact.   Why drop the year last offseason and then sign a new one for bigger dollars?  When the cap problems were already known?

Hine sight is always 20/20.  Looked like Rodgers was on the downside of his career at that time.  Also coming off of multiple injuries.  Agreed with the move in principle just didn't like the pick.  No one at that time would have predicted back to back MVP seasons from Rodgers.  Nah I'll give Gutey a pass on that.  Let's see if we can deal Love and get some of that draft capital back.  We'll need it now. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

It's possible that the plan goes into effect next year .. never know what will happen.  If Love take a huge jump it could make things interesting.  I doubt they are trading him. 

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It's possible that the plan goes into effect next year .. never know what will happen.  If Love take a huge jump it could make things interesting.  I doubt they are trading him. 

Nah if we get a decent offer Love is as good as gone.  Considering the state of the QB market right now I'd say the chances are high that he gets traded.  The plan is Rodgers is going to be the starter for GB until he retires.  It's over. 

Just now, OneTwoSixFive said:

..........and Wilson is five years younger than Rodgers.

Yah I'll just say this.  All those picks are fine nice pieces to rebuild with but a franchise QB trumps all.  It will be interesting to follow Seattle and how long it takes them to return to relevance. 

• Like 1