Rodgers reportedly coming back

Arthur Penske

3 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

If Rodgers plays out this year on his current contract could they tag and trade him next off-season if he decides not to retire and wants to go somewhere else?

There were some reports last year that the Packers agreed to waive the right to franchise tag him. I don't know if that is actually in the contract or not. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Russell Wilson sort of made it known he wanted out last year. BTW, he's a bigger **** than Rodgers. Wish our GM had the balls of theirs.

Depends which side of keeping or trading Rodgers you're on.  Obviously you wanted the trade.  Many wanted to keep Rodgers .. those folks will say "man, Gute has balls to keep him".  Seattle is not a role model how to run a football team.

11 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

If Rodgers plays out this year on his current contract could they tag and trade him next off-season if he decides not to retire and wants to go somewhere else?

I don't think a team can tag a player that has a void year on their contract

• Like 1

Just now, FAH1223 said:

if the initial report is close to true that $150ish is guaranteed, yet the 2022 cap charge is lowered, it won't be due to a large signing bonus.  most likely it would be guaranteed roster bonus or base salary that is guaranteed at the time of signing or well before that year. 

those roster bonus and base salary being bigger allows the team to convert them into signing bonus in future years to continue kick the cap down the road

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

How many times has the best quarterback won the Super Bowl?

I’m thinking probably Favre, Warner and Brady once or twice.

Certainly was never Manning.

What did Manning ever do to you? Laughable that you don't consider that he was never "the best"

54 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

We’ll see. But with Wentz gone:

Whats funny is I've always considered the acceptable return for Love to be pretty much what they got for Wentz...a third this season and a conditional pick next year. 

Might make sense too with the Commies taking on 28m of wentz' salary to make this trade. That should pay for the disparity in experience.

19 hours ago, incognito_man said:

It's seems notable that Rodgers has gone out of his way to clarify he's back THIS year. He clearly emphasized that in a couple ways.

We might be very premature in our thinking of what is happening.

Interviewer: Incog, have you been vaccinated against Aaron Rodgers’ duplicitous wordcraft?

Incog: I’ve been immunized, yeah…

• Like 1

Some personal takes on Rodgers in my attempt to unpack his thought process and agenda. I for one love Rodgers, and I will always love Rodgers, but it's no mystery the guy is prickly, has his own personal agendas, and will always have a selfish edge to him. 

After the season he went out of his way multiple times to note how Gute and the front office had really made strong efforts to include him in conversations and listen to his opinions. I think his biggest reason for that was to show everyone that he got the front office to succumb to him, and he wanted that to be known in case he DID come back (after all the talk last year that he would never play for GB again) and didn't want to appear "weak" for going back against his words. But he got the front office to bend over for him, so he can look at that as him more or less winning the battle. 

What I'm making of this new contract deal is that he wanted the Packers to leak that they were WILLING to offer him this monstrous, record breaking contract to show the world that he was worth it and to give him that "respect" he deserves. It's all about the "respect" him and Davante have said that enough times. So the numbers for this new contract start leaking around and making headlines, as he tells Mcafee those numbers are not accurate. What I think he does is come back and takes a "team friendly" discount to bring back a lot of his guys, taking less money so they can get their money. I think Rodgers is at that point in his career (wishful thinking) that he's past the point of needing the money, wants his guys to be able to look at him and thank him for helping them get their money while keeping them around, but also for the world to know the Packers were in fact willing to make him the highest paid player, but in an incredibly unselfish act, he turned it down. I also find it typical Rodgers that when Mcafee was breaking the news Rodgers was returning, he had to emphasize multiple times that Rodgers seriously contemplated retirement and playing somewhere else, for dramatic effect of course. 

Edited by MaryTsraining3s