Rodgers reportedly coming back

Arthur Penske

3 hours ago, Mr Anonymous said:

I find it really odd that Andrew Brandt went from "the Packers have a plan and know what they're doing", then was proven wrong about Rodgers coming back, and now thinks they might be dumb enough to give him a deal with a 1 year escape clause where they could lose him for nothing after this season.

Rodgers wants to be wanted and he wants the team to commit to both him and a supporting cast, which they have and will continue to do. Rodgers will be a Packer beyond Jordan Love. It's that simple.

Agree.  Also the Nags report of a two year commitment from Rodgers makes sense.  Probably year to year after that.  Based on what I am seeing looks like Aaron could play for 3 or 4 more years yet.  Beyond Love's contract.   If we are going to trade him this is the year to do it.  Should be interesting to see if a team ponies up.  They won't give him away a team will have to come across with a decent offer otherwise he'll remain a Packer for the time being. 

As far as Love's career probably best for him to stay in GB and continue his development.  If he gets traded he'll have to learn a new offense.  If he gets thrown out there he'll bust.  Kid really needs another year riding the pine.  Even then he'll have growing pains once he plays.  If he does come back hope Clements works on his footwork and release.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

I believe he's the same age as some of the guys getting drafted this year - all of whom will need to learn a new system.

That's accurate. Pickett will be 24 this season. Howell is a couple years younger and will turn 22 this season. Everyone else of significance will be 23. 

Pickett: 6/6/98

Love: 11/2/98

Corral: 1/31/99

Willis: 5/25/99

Ridder: 8/31/99

Strong: 9/14/99

Howell: 9/16/00

5 hours ago, Mr Anonymous said:

I find it really odd that Andrew Brandt went from "the Packers have a plan and know what they're doing", then was proven wrong about Rodgers coming back, and now thinks they might be dumb enough to give him a deal with a 1 year escape clause where they could lose him for nothing after this season.

Rodgers wants to be wanted and he wants the team to commit to both him and a supporting cast, which they have and will continue to do. Rodgers will be a Packer beyond Jordan Love. It's that simple.

Feeling nervous again I see :)

I'm curious why your ego won't allow for the apparent most likely option:

Rodgers walks in two years as a FA and Love is still QBOTF for GB.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Feeling nervous again I see :)

I'm curious why your ego won't allow for the apparent most likely option:

Rodgers walks in two years as a FA and Love is still QBOTF for GB.

I believe this is where I'm supposed to say that you're clearly obsessed with me. I'll no doubt be proven right and you'll continue to be a miserable person.

1 hour ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Rodgers will play in Green Bay for the next 2 seasons. It could go beyond that but 2 years is the strong favorite. Love will not be there waiting in the wings when he hangs them up. The QB the Packers draft in 2023 (with Rodgers' full backing) will be the heir apparent.

Ideally Rodgers would help select his heir and work with him for at least a year before he retires.  Not sure Gute has a very good eye for QB talent either. Getting Rodgers assistance in picking the next guy would be a very good thing.  Only fly in the ointment is the Packers will most likely be drafting very late again in 2023.  Hopefully at 32. Might be difficult to get the QB we want. 

2 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

Is this a real thing, letting Rodgers pick his replacement? That’s how you end up with Jordy Nelson as QB of the future. 

Having Rodgers input on selecting a QB doesn't make sense to you?  He's one of the most cerebral QB's to ever play the game.  Knows what it takes.  Will he have the final say?  No of course not but why not tap into the knowledge one of the best to ever play the position?  It's a dream scenario IMO.  How realistic is it? Probably not very but would love for it to play out this way. 

1 minute ago, Scoremore said:

Having Rodgers input on selecting a QB doesn't make sense to you?  He's one of the most cerebral QB's to ever play the game.  Knows what it takes.  Will he have the final say?  No of course not but why not tap into the knowledge one of the best to ever play the position?  It's a dream scenario IMO.  How realistic is it? Probably not very but would love for it to play out this way. 

John Elway hasn’t been able to get the QB position right. Just because you’re good at the position doesn’t mean you know how to draft them.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Green19 said:

John Elway hasn’t been able to get the QB position right. Just because you’re good at the position doesn’t mean you know how to draft them.

OK you got me there.  Elway failed miserably.  Rodgers>Elway.  Don't see any downside to getting Rodgers input.  I'd welcome it.  The more brains you have working on a problem the more likely you are to get it right.  Rodgers is an intellect.  If he was willing to provide input I'd be all for it.  It's extremely hard even for the best of them to hit on QB's.  Even if you own the top pick half the time the guy you take will bust.  Don't see any downside in picking the brain of one of the best to ever do it.  All I'm saying here. 

Edited by Scoremore

6 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

OK you got me there.  Elway failed miserably.  Rodgers>Elway.  Don't see any downside to getting Rodgers input.  I'd welcome it.  The more brains you have working on a problem the more likely you are to get it right.  Rodgers is an intellect.  If he was willing to provide input I'd be all for it.  It's extremely hard even for the best of them to hit on QB's.  Even if you own the top pick half the time the guy you take will bust.  Don't see any downside to picking the brain of one of the best to ever do it.  All I'm saying here. 

Based on what?

• Like 1