Rodgers reportedly coming back

Arthur Penske

2 hours ago, Packer_ESP said:

There’s few things more amusing than people thinking they’re precogs because they made a “prediction” about something while having 1% of the information that actually goes into making that decision and they happen to be “right”.

"look at me, I called a coin flip right!"

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Kyler Murray seemed to be making it work a lot better than Rosen

Running QB with an offense designed around him.  Different circumstance.  Think Murray is overrated.  Rosen is a pocket passer.  Burrow and Herbert came in and played well right away.  it can happen.  Some guys need more time before you play them.  What do you would have think Aaron's career trajectory would have been had he been faced with the same situation as Rosen?  Hard to argue that he ever got a fair shake.  Maybe he just sucks and always will.  We'll never know.  

Just now, Scoremore said:

Running QB with an offense designed around him.  Different circumstance.  Think Murray is overrated.  Rosen is a pocket passer.  Burrow and Herbert came in and played well right away.  it can happen.  Some guys need more time before you play them.  What do you would have think Aaron's career trajectory would have been had he been faced with the same situation as Rosen?  Hard to argue that he ever got a fair shake.  Maybe he just sucks and always will.  We'll never know.  

Rosen isn't a pocket passer. Rosen is a nothing.

Rosen has 12 career TDs to 21 INTs. 

That's terrible. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Rosen isn't a pocket passer. Rosen is a nothing.

Rosen has 12 career TDs to 21 INTs. 

That's terrible. 

Yah ok you just completely ignored what i said.  Do you think he was ever give a legitimate chance to succeed?  

3 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Yah ok you just completely ignored what i said.  Do you think he was ever give a legitimate chance to succeed?  

Yes, he had a legitimate chance with two teams.

He had 13 starts on the Cardinals and was terrible.

He then had a chance to win the job in camp with the Dolphins. He lost out to Fitzpatrick. Then Fitzpatrick got hurt, Rosen got 3 starts to take the job, and was terrible. 

Edited by AlexGreen#20
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

No, I'm 1000% serious, why is Rodgers an intellect? Half the time he opens his mouth and dumb**** comes out. 

Not sure why I'm replying as I'm certain you know this already and are just trying to wind people up.

Rodgers is considered to be extremely skilled in the mental side of the game, being able to read the defence and analyse what they are doing and all that kind of thing. Purely from a NFL perspective, he would be considered an intellect football wise. Not sure about outside the NFL but he gives impression of being a deep thinker (albeit a deep thinker with questionable conclusions).

You probably disagree which is fair enough and I'm certainly not qualified to say that's the case but people who far more about the game than you have that opinion so I'm assuming they are right and you are wrong.

Re Rodgers selecting the next QB. The above doesn't necessarily mean he is a good judge of talent at the position and some of this personnel opinions have been a touch ropey. So I wouldn't want him involved in picking the next guy.  It would be helpful I guess in having Rodgers mentor for a year to understand the preparations and the way he thinks. Not sure how practical that is in reality and personally I'd like to see a year 1 starter for the next QB.

12 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Yes, he had a legitimate chance with two teams.

He had 13 starts on the Cardinals and was terrible.

He then had a chance to win the job in camp with the Dolphins. He lost out to Fitzpatrick. Then Fitzpatrick got hurt, Rosen got 3 starts to take the job, and was terrible. 

OK so he got forced into action his rookie season on a bad team and was terrible.  Then went to another cellar dweller had to learn a new offense in his second year and was terrible.  Surprising right?  Come on AG give it up.  Put just about any other QB in that situation and it would most likely yield similar results.  QB's just like WR's take a few years to develop.  Rodgers by his own admission said the game didn't slow down until year 3.  Rosen was never placed in a stable situation where he could develop.  OK I'm out now always fun AG...

Edited by Scoremore

When the Rodgers '4 year contract' broke I assumed Love was gone. 

But with a possible 2 year out on the deal, it makes more and more sense that Love won't be going anywhere. 

Fields, Lawrence and Lance were all highly touted QBs, two of them coming from major programmes who had played in the biggest games in college, and they looked pretty rough last year. 

Love was widely thought to have the physical tools but needed a lot of development. He lost a year of that due to Covid. 

If I was Gute I'd be just as nervous giving him up for a 2nd as I would to trading away the current MVP. 

It seems plausible Love could benefit hugely from a 3rd (kind of 2nd) year as a backup. And he may even need a 4th. 

Rodgers, a more highly touted prospect, had a 3 year apprenticeship. Gute may now have bought Love the time to have a 4 year apprenticeship. 

Teams are *desperate* for QBs. I suspect Gute is dreading the day he's like the GM of the Colts, Commies, Browns, Panthers etc desperately trying to find one. 

Giving Love a 4 year runway is a luxury not many GMs or QBs get. Seems to me, that is worth far more than a 2nd rounder. And having Love in house, doesn't stop them drafting another QB in '23 or '24 should one fall within reach again. 

QB wealth is everything in the NFL. Giving it up, even a bit of a mystery box QB like Love, is rare. 

Edited by British
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

"look at me, I called a coin flip right!"

Lol, it kills you that I might have the slightest insight as to what's going on at Lambeau. Never claimed to be some major insider. But I did give everyone here a list of 3 names they had preliminary interest in (M. Campbell, LaFleur, and D. Campbell) after McCarthy was fired and before they started conducting interviews. Campbell chose to take the payday from Iowa State before the Packers began interviews and the rest is history. You'd think that might mean I'd be given a greater than 1% chance of pinning down this whole charade too. I've already gotten the first part right even while there wasn't a single human saying it last summer when I told everyone here that Rodgers was going to stay with the Packers both for the season that just passed and beyond. And I'll be right again when Love is dealt while Rodgers is still playing in Green Bay.

I'll probably be right about a few things to come in the future too.

Edited by Mr Anonymous

20 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

OK so he got forced into action his rookie season on a bad team and was terrible.  Then went to another cellar dweller had to learn a new offense in his second year and was terrible.  Surprising right?  Come on AG give it up.  Put just about any other QB in that situation and it would most likely yield similar results.  QB's just like WR's take a few years to develop.  Rodgers by his own admission said the game didn't slow down until year 3.  Rosen was never placed in a stable situation where he could develop.  OK I'm out now always fun AG...

Rosen rookie season AZ 2018:  2,278 yards, 11 TDs, 14 picks, 55 cp%

Kyler rookie season AZ 2019:  3722 yards, 20 Tds, 12 picks 64 cp% ROTY

19 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

What was the matter with the Cardinals roster? They were 8-8 the year before. The offensive starters that year were:

WR1: Larry Fitzgerald

WR2: Christian Kirk

WR3: Chad Williams

TE: Jermaine Gresham

LT: DJ Humphries

LG: Mike Iupati

C : Ben Mason

RG: Justin Pugh

RT: Andre Smith

Carson Palmer had that team 2 years ago to the #2 scoring offense in the league. 

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

not a single human, everyone

just this guy

Yep.

ESPN was reporting that Rodgers wanted out and I was here saying not only would he be back but that he'd sign an extension and Love would be traded as a result of that extension. There wasn't a single person here believing me and fans away from this forum were talking solely of trade, retirement, or riding it out until he left. That's exactly how it was last summer. But by all means, keep doubting me and keep being wrong.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Yep.

ESPN was reporting that Rodgers wanted out and I was here saying not only would he be back but that he'd sign an extension and Love would be traded as a result of that extension. There wasn't a single person here believing me and fans away from this forum were talking solely of trade, retirement, or riding it out until he left. That's exactly how it was last summer. But by all means, keep doubting me and keep being wrong.

Hyperbole