Rodgers reportedly coming back

Arthur Penske

11 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I’m assuming the draft is when this happens. Do they have a set price they need to receive for him or is it just get rid of him to get rid of him?

Having it laid out so clearly why he'd be traded, it prompted me to pay more attention to when it might come. Draft weekend is my guess but we see QB deals often happen as soon as the pursuing team's season ends so if the right offer comes along Love could be traded tomorrow. I'd put him more in the box of available QBs being scouted for the draft though, which is why draft weekend is most likely. Veteran QBs who have actually played meaningful snaps are known quantities thus why teams pounce as soon as they can. I figure teams are scouting the college crop and then will add Love into that mix when they draft arrives. it could come down to a QB needy team only have one college QB they like, then missing out on him, to send the Packers the offer they want.

Notice I haven't said that the Packers don't like Love. Though I do get the impression that they're not in fear of what he'll become somewhere else. All of the reasons I have laid out for them trading him have more to do with Rodgers presence beyond decision time on a 2nd Love contract, their shared agents, getting a piece that can help now, doing right by Love himself etc. 

Edited by Mr Anonymous

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

There weren't any specifics immediately after McCarthy got fired, but there were names being thrown around like there is anytime a HC is fired.  Just because you were "first" to mention him as a candidate doesn't mean your an insider.

Got it, I'm amazingly lucky with predictions. I wish my future foretelling were so accurate with the stock market.

Just now, Mr Anonymous said:

Got it, I'm amazingly lucky with predictions. I wish my future foretelling were so accurate with the stock market.

With the exception of Dan Campbell, they were all relatively common names discussed.  I'm pretty sure Matt Campbell was mentioned for every notable college program after his second season in Ames, and he was thought of as a darkhorse candidate for an NFL HC gig.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

With the exception of Dan Campbell, they were all relatively common names discussed.  I'm pretty sure Matt Campbell was mentioned for every notable college program after his second season in Ames, and he was thought of as a darkhorse candidate for an NFL HC gig.

I suggest you look it up. Beyond that, there's not much value in going back and forth regarding the past with someone who has a bad memory.

Edited by Mr Anonymous

10 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

I suggest you look it up. Beyond that, there's not much value in going back and forth regarding the past with someone who has a bad memory.

What is your end game here? Is everyone to bow to you because of your alleged inside knowledge? If you had such knowledge and were pissed because you weren't 'respected' enough for such knowledge, you know what that would make you? 

[MOD EDIT]

If you are Aaron Rodgers, please change your mind and ask to be traded. 

MOD EDIT: We can do without the name calling.

3 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

And you are also the guy that was so sure of himself that at one time declared that you would leave the site and never return if you were wrong and then you were wrong. Yet you did not leave and now you want to act like a pompous *** about your Rodgers prediction.     

I enjoyed talking about the Packers with other Packers fans and things I knew bled through. Too often it was met with undue criticism when I was merely speaking the truth. This is the second time I've had a day like this on this forum. The first one silenced me for a long period of time despite the fact that what I shared played out quite accurately. After this second one, I don't really see the need for a 3rd episode. I'll never understand why people have such adverse reaction to actual real insight into a topic they take themselves to a message board for but that definitely seems to be the case. I'll probably go back to the occasional chirp about a draft crush. Or since I pay much less attention to the draft than I used to, maybe I'll just stop posting altogether. This isn't enjoyable at all.

11 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Don't we all.  Inflation marks the end of the cycle.  Fed QE programs ending.  No Fed put.  War and recession on the horizon.  Higher interest rates...Short term timing is hard.  Maybe we get one last pop up if a peace accord is reached.  Things are going to crap fast.  Hard to be bullish right now.  Sell into strength is my take.  Finance guy but no one can predict the market.  Best advice is to stay diversified.  We live in the everything bubble though.  Bonds and stocks will fall together.  When the market bubble does pop it will be fast and furious  I'd get long commodities and precious metals as a hedge.  OK that's all I got I'll shut up now. Back to football...

Just now, Mr Anonymous said:

I enjoyed talking about the Packers with other Packers fans and things I knew bled through. Too often it was met with undue criticism when I was merely speaking the truth. This is the second time I've had a day like this on this forum. The first one silenced me for a long period of time despite the fact that what I shared played out quite accurately. After this second one, I don't really see the need for a 3rd episode. I'll never understand why people have such adverse reaction to actual real insight into a topic they take themselves to a message board for but that definitely seems to be the case. I'll probably go back to the occasional chirp about a draft crush. Or since I pay much less attention to the draft than I used to, maybe I'll just stop posting altogether. This isn't enjoyable at all.

Maybe don't come out of the woodworks to puff out your chest about how you were right?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Maybe don't come out of the woodworks to puff out your chest about how you were right?

Nah some guys spewing venom.  Uncalled for IMO.  Always enjoy his posts no need to attack.  Looks like we won't be hearing from him again for awhile.  That sucks.  He's a smart cat whoever he is. 

Just now, Scoremore said:

Nah some guys spewing venom.  Uncalled for IMO.  Always enjoy his posts no need to attack.  Looks like we won't be hearing from him again for awhile.  That sucks.  He's a smart cat whoever he is. 

I actually think he's very intelligent.  I think he's insightful.  He just does a very poor job of articulating his point, and the lack of consistency hurts his credibility.  It's like when Skypilot was here.  If he wasn't only posting whenever things went bad, he probably would have been received better.  But enough about posters.