Rodgers reportedly coming back

Arthur Penske

Moving on, let's say Love is traded. Makes sense for draft weekend, I agree. A lot of QB dominoes out there that will probably fall first. 

I try to think of what we might be offered. I keep circling back to a second this year and a conditional block next year that could range from a 3rd to a 1st (if he starts a playoff game for his new team or something). 

3 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Do we really want to trade Love right now?  We need a backup and looking at the FAs out there and the mediocre QB draft class I would think he is a better option than anyone else out there right now.

I think you only move him if someone makes a substantial offer.  Thinking outside the box here, what if Pittsburgh offered #20 plus their 3rd round pick (#84) for Love and #28?  That would value Jordan Love as the 54th pick in this year's draft.  I'd probably either need an early Day 2 pick or a semi-significant move up the draft board to move Jordan Love.

I think if someone offers you a 2nd or a very early 3rd for Love, take it. This Draft Class looks loaded on Day 2 and every piece they can add while they're obviously in All-in mode will help. If Rodgers gets hurt, we won't make it to the big game anyway, so Benkert is as valueable as Love in 2022. If it's less than that, just keep Love and see how he progresses in 2022.

With regards to Mr Anonymous, I guess it's more a thing about how you deliver a message than the message itself. Saying "I hoped it was happening and I'm glad it happened" and "I told you it will happen and I'm the genius and you guys are morons" are just 2 different things. Not that it happened in that extreme way, but I hope I made my point clear.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gravedigger93 said:

I think if someone offers you a 2nd or a very early 3rd for Love, take it. This Draft Class looks loaded on Day 2 and every piece they can add while they're obviously in All-in mode will help. If Rodgers gets hurt, we won't make it to the big game anyway, so Benkert is as valueable as Love in 2022. If it's less than that, just keep Love and see how he progresses in 2022.

With regards to Mr Anonymous, I guess it's more a thing about how you deliver a message than the message itself. Saying "I hoped it was happening and I'm glad it happened" and "I told you it will happen and I'm the genius and you guys are morons" are just 2 different things. Not that it happened in that extreme way, but I hope I made my point clear.

This.

Love is still a raw young QB. Whilst he has potential as a future starter,  that's the opposite model for a reliable back-up.

If he was still seen as 'it' by front office then whilst Gutey and MLF would still want to go with Rodgers then negotiations would have gone very differently and it would be far more take it or leave it.

At this stage, a second I would take without hesitation and probably any pick in the top 75 would do.

In Mr. Anonymous' defense, I remember him mentioning LaFleur early when he was far from a top candidate. He might have been lucky, but 50 people were making guesses in this subforum and he was the first guy to mention LaFleur (and one of the very few ones).

10 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I think you only move him if someone makes a substantial offer.  Thinking outside the box here, what if Pittsburgh offered #20 plus their 3rd round pick (#84) for Love and #28?  That would value Jordan Love as the 54th pick in this year's draft.  I'd probably either need an early Day 2 pick or a semi-significant move up the draft board to move Jordan Love.

That would be nice but I don't see another GM offering a first for Love at this point in his career.  I'd like to see what Clements can do with him.

32 minutes ago, Pugger said:

That would be nice but I don't see another GM offering a first for Love at this point in his career.  I'd like to see what Clements can do with him.

Agree, that's the path I would take unless Love was hellbent on getting out of Green Bay.  

On 3/13/2022 at 7:15 AM, VonKarman said:

In Mr. Anonymous' defense, I remember him mentioning LaFleur early when he was far from a top candidate. He might have been lucky, but 50 people were making guesses in this subforum and he was the first guy to mention LaFleur (and one of the very few ones).

Not sayin' you are wrong.  Am saying the name "Matt Campbell".

• Like 1

If Love was reasonably thought of in the draft process by other teams, then there should be interest in him now.

Teams are trading draft picks for Carson Wentz and his albatross of a contract.

Fighting over Mitch Trubisky and Jimmy Garrapolo.

Willing to make offers for Watson and all his legal issues.

The Packers should be able to receive a solid 1st or 2nd round offer for Jordan Love.   If not, it only magnifies the mistake Gute made a few years back.

13 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

If Love was reasonably thought of in the draft process by other teams, then there should be interest in him now.

Teams are trading draft picks for Carson Wentz and his albatross of a contract.

Fighting over Mitch Trubisky and Jimmy Garrapolo.

Willing to make offers for Watson and all his legal issues.

The Packers should be able to receive a solid 1st or 2nd round offer for Jordan Love.   If not, it only magnifies the mistake Gute made a few years back.

If Love never takes a snap, it has already been one of the best 1st round picks of the last 20 years. It has given the Packers 2 MVP seasons in his first two years in the league. Pretty amazing work by Gutes.   

• Like 4

4 hours ago, R T said:

If Love never takes a snap, it has already been one of the best 1st round picks of the last 20 years. It has given the Packers 2 MVP seasons in his first two years in the league. Pretty amazing work by Gutes.   

Ridiculous to think that.   Thats just making an apology for a bad move.   That move directly led to the last 3 years of drama and failed SB runs.  To make the statement after Gute bailed on his plan and is giving AR $50 million just 1 year after dropping a year off the contract is silly.   Rodgers has played the Packers like a fiddle.

28 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

It's pretty clear that Rodgers was a declining player before the 2019 season.  How much of "he stepped his game up and became an MVP again in 2020" was "he finally got on the same page with LaFleur" and how much of it was "picking Jordan Love motivated him out of spite" we will never know.

You are correct- We don't, and never will know.  Acting like that pick made any difference is a huge assumption.

I'm not that sure he was a declining player at that point.  The offense was declining certainly.  Was that on McCarthy, Rodgers, the entire team?   We also don't know that answer.   In hindsight we can say he obviously wasn't a declining player based on 2 MVP seasons.