2022 Pro Days

Forge

23 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Muma was visually frustrated by the field workouts and did make a few missteps and dropped a ball once or twice.  Also I think he could have ran faster in the 40 potentially but yeah ultimately he did just fine in terms of numbers but the field workout he could have done better.  

He and Lloyd both could be 1st round picks but not sure teams will take them because of other needs, both could fall to the 2nd and be absolute steals.  Will be interesting if Dean ever runs a 40 or does a full workout, I would think he would be disappointed big time if he did not run a 4.5 40, looks like he might have legit speed like that if not 4.4.    

Ok, that's fair. I mean athletically those guys checked the boxes. I do agree that late 1st to early 2nd is where these guys go based on positional value.

I think Dean runs a comparable 40 to these guys in reality. I am not convinced he's a freak athlete. Good player with great instincts but probably looked better than he was on that D. Maybe he runs high 4.5s, but hes a small dude that won't be for everyone. Micah Parsons was picked at 12 last year so talk of him going in a similar range is crazy he should be a rd2-3 pick

11 minutes ago, lark25 said:

Ok, that's fair. I mean athletically those guys checked the boxes. I do agree that late 1st to early 2nd is where these guys go based on positional value.

I think Dean runs a comparable 40 to these guys in reality. I am not convinced he's a freak athlete. Good player with great instincts but probably looked better than he was on that D. Maybe he runs high 4.5s, but hes a small dude that won't be for everyone. Micah Parsons was picked at 12 last year so talk of him going in a similar range is crazy he should be a rd2-3 pick

00ae0c3b-22d8-4426-b294-56878e3b66d6_600

b5a516c9-ef9d-4653-9953-d516740d5398_600

And that is not even including the awesome play he made against Michigan on a quick screen.  He is an extremely smart ILB and his coverage skills are rare.  I have Dean going to the Eagles right now but yeah he is not Micah Parsons, and Parsons should have went top 5 and would have if it was not for the QB love of the NFL.  Has safety range and linebacker instincts and his leadership is top of the line.  

Not like it is a huge concern but why did Evan Neal not run or workout outside of field workouts at his pro day?  I think the dude could kill it in the bench press, and probably is pretty solid in the vertical and 40.  Odd he did not test in any of those things.  

What he is just going off this jump from 8 months ago as his workout?  Then again it is so impressive he probably could do exactly that.  

5 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Not like it is a huge concern but why did Evan Neal not run or workout outside of field workouts at his pro day?  I think the dude could kill it in the bench press, and probably is pretty solid in the vertical and 40.  Odd he did not test in any of those things.  

What he is just going off this jump from 8 months ago as his workout?  Then again it is so impressive he probably could do exactly that.  

The way everything gets nitpicked to death, I don't blame guys that are top 10 locks saying **** it to getting measured and jumping just cause they dont want to.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

The way everything gets nitpicked to death, I don't blame guys that are top 10 locks saying **** it to getting measured and jumping just cause they dont want to.

For such a great athlete like him, the bench press no way he does not know exactly what number he can get, and same thing for the vertical and 40 for that matter.  If he consistently performs well why the hell not?  But yeah I guess no real need to, still nice to show off freak athletic ability assuming he has exactly that.  Also fun to compete against your peers especially at the combine.  

2 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

For such a great athlete like him, the bench press no way he does not know exactly what number he can get, and same thing for the vertical and 40 for that matter.  If he consistently performs well why the hell not?  But yeah I guess no real need to, still nice to show off freak athletic ability assuming he has exactly that.  Also fun to compete against your peers especially at the combine.  

Something also to be said for avoiding an Ojabo situation where his injury cost him 8 mil or so on a rookie deal(20 mil total for 10 overall and around 12 mil for 29 overall).

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Something also to be said for avoiding an Ojabo situation where his injury cost him 8 mil or so on a rookie deal(20 mil total for 10 overall and around 12 mil for 29 overall).

Sure but if one lives their football life afraid of getting hurt, then maybe you should be doing something else.  If Ojabo's achilles did not tear then in the drill, sure it would have at mini camp or into his rookie year.  Yeah he would have got paid more still if he got hurt later on, but most of the money is the second contract unless the guy is going to flame out and be a massive failure in the league and never get a second contract.  

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

Sure but if one lives their football life afraid of getting hurt, then maybe you should be doing something else.  If Ojabo's achilles did not tear then in the drill, sure it would have at mini camp or into his rookie year.  Yeah he would have got paid more still if he got hurt later on, but most of the money is the second contract unless the guy is going to flame out and be a massive failure in the league and never get a second contract.  

Agree on most the money being in the 2nd contract, but its still 8 mil.  Thats not nothing.

And I think there's a big difference in saying they aren't going to risk injury on a pro day or in a bowl game and being afraid of getting hurt.  Its a valid business decision leading up to a draft.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

I agree, but he’s huge and looked like he’s in great shape. You’d think he’d want to do something to show that he’s a better prospect than Icky.

Kayvon Thibodeaux on why he didn’t do the Very at Pro Day

"I feel like with vertical jump, when you put force up it kind of weighs in on your hamstrings and quads," said Thibodeaux after the event. "I didn't want to have that really compiled on to everything else I was doing. I want to make sure that everything's crispy and I got out of there healthy, which I did."

32 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Had a 9’11 broad 

Odd they are not releasing the 40 times for that Oregon Pro day, but still since the dude can bend like this he could absolutely be a weapon but there are some questions about him as well in terms of his overall athletic ability, his motor and or passion for the game.  

thibodeaux.gif

5eb942002ef6119e54b838e7_ezgif-4-591286d

Could be great as a 3/4 OLB and that is where I assume he ends up.  

Just now, Ozzy said:

Odd they are not releasing the 40 times for that Oregon Pro day, but still since the dude can bend like this he could absolutely be a weapon but there are some questions about him as well in terms of his overall athletic ability, his motor and or passion for the game.  

thibodeaux.gif

5eb942002ef6119e54b838e7_ezgif-4-591286d

Could be great as a 3/4 OLB and that is where I assume he ends up.  

Didn’t run a 40 at the pro day. But according to TJ Wards Instagram story it looks like it shows him doing the 3 cone. I can’t find the time though.

2 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

some questions about him as well in terms of his overall athletic ability, his motor and or passion for the game.  

I asked Oregon’s Kayvon Thibodeaux what was the most ridiculous thing he’s heard during the pre-draft process and his answer was: “that I’m not the best player in this draft.”