2022 Pro Days

Forge

6 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Parsons?  Parsons had almost more TFLs in his true SOPH year than Anderson had his entire four year college career.  Granted Anderson was taken out when he was playing very well for Georgia but not sure they missed him all that much when he was out and his production was taken up by increased play from Travon Walker, Beal and Quay Walker.  

Either way at the moment the dude is in massive legal trouble still and in no way will he be another Micah Parsons, he never showed that type of explosiveness in college but sure if put in the right situation he could succeed but Parsons is arguably the best OLB prospect to come into the NFL in the last 20 years, not sure Adam Anderson is that at all.  

Yeah Jermaine Johnson transferred because of him but Jermaine Johnson showed out and impressed just as much athletically in workouts as Adam Anderson, and Jermaine does not have legal issues still pending and rape allegations against him and had a monster year on FSU.  But yeah with Adam Anderson sure, it is a little out of sight out of mind with him at the moment.  As for Brian Burns, that guy had great quick twitch and actually played at a pretty light edge guy early in his college career, not sure Adam Anderson is that type of athlete but yeah worked out well in terms of numbers.  Just not sure he was ever this super elite edge guy in terms of play and production, but I guess maybe he would have been this past season if he did not get in legal trouble and basically kicked off the team.  I have him fall to the Ravens right now and he could do great there and fill a huge need.  

Disregard my post, you have every right to be pessimistic, I just see his potential. Thats all....

11 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Disregard my post, you have every right to be pessimistic, I just see his potential. Thats all....

I am not disregarding it, I am just not sure I have heard you talk about him like this until now.  Also the legal stuff to me is no small issue and should not be disregarded at all.  

26 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I am not disregarding it, I am just not sure I have heard you talk about him like this until now.  Also the legal stuff to me is no small issue and should not be disregarded at all.  

I have been watching him from a distance, it wouldn't have made sense to talk about him if he was going to be in jail but like teams, if it looks like there is a resolution to his situation coming down the pipe I'm going to speak up more. 

4 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Most of Ohio State's big players rested on their combine testing stats.  Master Teague may have shown out enough to get picked somewhere on day 3.  CJ Stroud looked impressive as well throwing to the WRs.

Full Results for Every Buckeye Who Participated in Ohio State’s 2022 Pro Day | Eleven Warriors

RESULTS FROM OHIO STATE’S 2022 PRO DAY
PLAYER HEIGHT WEIGHT ARM HAND WING 40 10 20 VERT BROAD BENCH 3-CONE 20-YARD SHUTTLE
CHRIS BOOKER (WR) 5’11” 184 30 3/4” 8 7/8” 72 3/8” 4.52/4.53 1.60/1.63 2.63/2.64 36” 9’9” DNP 7.01 4.13
HASKELL GARRETT (DT) 6’2” 300 31 7/8” 9 7/8” 79” DNP DNP DNP 30.5” 9’ 24 7.75 4.80
ANTWUAN JACKSON (DT) 6’2 1/8” 298 31 7/8” 9 1/4” 77 1/4” 5.15 1.75 2.91 28” 7’10” 22 7.94 4.90
DEMARIO MCCALL (WR/CB) 5’9 3/8” 179 30 3/8” 9 3/8” 73” 4.53 1.57 2.60 34.5” 10’ 13 7.09 4.13
THAYER MUNFORD (OL) 6’5 3/4” 329 35 1/2” 10 1/8” 84 1/2” 5.33 1.90 3.08 DNP 9’ 22 7.74 4.77
CHRIS OLAVE (WR) 6’0 1/2” 185 N/A N/A N/A DNP DNP DNP DNP DNP DNP DNP DNP
NICHOLAS PETIT-FRERE (OT) 6’5 1/4” 316 34” 10 3/4” 82 3/8” DNP DNP DNP 30.5” DNP 24 7.85 4.85
JEREMY RUCKERT (TE) 6’5 1/8” 251 N/A N/A N/A DNP DNP DNP DNP DNP 22 DNP DNP
TYREKE SMITH (DE) 6’3 3/8” 255 33 3/4” 10” 80 7/8”̦ DNP DNP DNP DNP 9’9” DNP 7.06 4.24
MASTER TEAGUE (RB) 5’11 1/4” 221 31 7/8” 9 1/2” 76 7/8” 4.44-4.49 1.54 2.59 36” 10’11“ 27 6.95 4.29
GARRETT WILSON (WR) 5’11 7/8” 184 N/A N/A N/A DNP DNP DNP DNP DNP DNP DNP DNP

In a day and age fueled by measurables, I don't see how Teague doesn't get drafted now. 4.44 at his size?? I didn't know he was that fast. Someone will absolutely take a gamble on him.

James Houston IV Jackson State OLB 6' 1/4" 244 pounds

Had a 39" vertical, 4.6 range 40, 22 reps at 225.

At Jackson State this past year had 24.5 TFLs, 16.5 sacks and 7 forced fumbles.  Could be a nice late round draft pick after such a monster year and good developmental 3/4 OLB.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Muma is an amazing prospect, love how he plays the game and love his versatility in coverage.  I am sure he was some what disappointed with his showing at the combine but dude is a legit ILB and in terms of his all around ability is as good as any ILB in the draft.  Could play OLB also if asked no problem as well or play in a 3/4 probably with no issue at ILB.  

Jermaine Johnson had 26 reps at 225 which is very solid would have been #2 out of all the DEs at the combine. 

Meiko Dotson a 5-11 197 CB out of Florida State, never really did much at FSU and was hurt after transferring over from FAU where he had 9 INTs in one season.  Still the dude apparently had 25 reps at 225, at that size is insane much less for a corner.  Also ran a 4.54 40.  That 25 reps on the bench for a corner would have been tied for 3rd best in the last 10 years or so out of all CBs.  

Neal looked pretty damn good in those workouts, would be no shock to be the #1 pick overall and protect Trevor Lawrence.  

Also Jameson is looked pretty good after the surgery.  

4 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Does he go late first?

Wow that is a great time!  Not sure he goes 1st round though because not sure the needs is there.  But almost locks him into the 2nd round potentially.  He has been the #1 TE for awhile though honestly.  

5 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Not sure what you mean by disappointing combine Ozzy? Plug the 3 cone in and hes got an almost 9.9 RAS. He jumped a 40" vert and 10'7 broad. 4.6 is totally fine for a 240lb rounder and that 3 cone is sick.

Devin Lloyd was also similar. Ran a high 4.6s 40 but otherwise great numbers in jumps etc. I wasn't disappointed by Lloyd either, I felt he and muma both showed out a touch better than I expected as good to great h/w/s prospects at the position.

2 minutes ago, lark25 said:

Not sure what you mean by disappointing combine Ozzy? Plug the 3 cone in and hes got an almost 9.9 RAS. He jumped a 40" vert and 10'7 broad. 4.6 is totally fine for a 240lb rounder and that 3 cone is sick.

Devin Lloyd was also similar. Ran a high 4.6s 40 but otherwise great numbers in jumps etc. I wasn't disappointed by Lloyd either, I felt he and muma both showed out a touch better than I expected as good to great h/w/s prospects at the position.

Muma was visually frustrated by the field workouts and did make a few missteps and dropped a ball once or twice.  Also I think he could have ran faster in the 40 potentially but yeah ultimately he did just fine in terms of numbers but the field workout he could have done better.  

He and Lloyd both could be 1st round picks but not sure teams will take them because of other needs, both could fall to the 2nd and be absolute steals.  Will be interesting if Dean ever runs a 40 or does a full workout, I would think he would be disappointed big time if he did not run a 4.5 40, looks like he might have legit speed like that if not 4.4.