2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

43 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

That is waaaay too much money for someone with a lack of a route tree

I get the fit, but he is such a limited player that this is a clear overpay. He is not good at tracking the ball in the air

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, N4L said:

I get the fit, but he is such a limited player that this is a clear overpay. He is not good at tracking the ball in the air

Agreed…this seems like a desperate move.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, N4L said:

It's basically the Tyrell Williams and (first) Robby Anderson contract. I wouldn't give it to him, but I get how the contract is that

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's basically the Tyrell Williams and (first) Robby Anderson contract. I wouldn't give it to him, but I get how the contract is that

I'm still in awe of how the Lions got Chark for 10. That's just crazy to me. I would have loved to bring in Chark. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Forge said:

These are the types of moves a good portion of the 49ers fanbase want to see, overpay, MVS would have been great but not at $10M a yr, $36M max value over 3yrs, no thanks, happy with our offseason, don't get this fanbase sometimes, it not ok to have Dee on the roster due to injury issues, but it's cool to sign someone with similar or also has injury issues, but because it's a big name it's ok.

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

These are the types of moves a good portion of the 49ers fanbase want to see, overpay, MVS would have been great but not at $10M a yr, $36M max value over 3yrs, no thanks, happy with our offseason, don't get this fanbase sometimes, it not ok to have Dee on the roster due to injury issues, but it's cool to sign someone with similar or also has injury issues, but because it's a big name it's ok.

Just pay Tre'quan Smith 1 year 3 million and you'll probably get pretty close to the same thing. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I had actually forgotten him... I will not miss him. So anticlimactic watching him play. 

Bring on the Ray-Ray Play-Play!

That one game where we had like 2 WRs on MNF was pretty awesome though. I remember him racking up a ton of yards but pretty sure we lost

Edit- ah, yes. It took half the roster being out for Rodgers to beat us

https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore/_/gameId/401220359

Edited by adamq
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, adamq said:

That one game where we had like 2 WRs on MNF was pretty awesome though. I remember him racking up a ton of yards but pretty sure we lost

Edit- ah, yes. It took half the roster being out for Rodgers to beat us

https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore/_/gameId/401220359

That was actually a TNF game where we had some false positives to WRs such as Bourne. Shanny said the initial game plan was drawn up for Aiyuk and I remember Aiyuk posting some hilarious meme after the game to that quote lol. 

This is why I did not buy for a second that Shanny couldn't have gotten Aiyuk more involved earlier in the season. If Shanny wants the ball to go to a certain receiver, he will find ways to get the ball there. Embarrassing how we wasted half of the season not utilizing Aiyuk at all. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That was actually a TNF game where we had some false positives to WRs such as Bourne. Shanny said the initial game plan was drawn up for Aiyuk and I remember Aiyuk posting some hilarious meme after the game to that quote lol. 

This is why I did not buy for a second that Shanny couldn't have gotten Aiyuk more involved earlier in the season. If Shanny wants the ball to go to a certain receiver, he will find ways to get the ball there. Embarrassing how we wasted half of the season not utilizing Aiyuk at all. 

I mean Aiyuk has basically said that he didn't have the correct attitude starting out the season last year. That was Shanny doing coaching right from my understanding/perspective.

• Like 2