2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

11 hours ago, Forge said:

This is the flaw that so many people who weren't fans of Fields nervous about.  I know Chris and Straighthate and Justone brought it up multiple times. The fumbles should not be happenings...thats a thing that he should be fixing. 

I always felt that Shanny's offense would be to the benefit of him in this regard because it's ostensibly point and click, so it removes the pocket awareness requirement (see Jimmy G),  though I know I had that conversation with Justone and he thought our offense would exacerbate it. But Chicago was just such a poor landing spot for him in so many ways. It's a shame that they didn't land Daboll. His downfield, stretch vertical offense would have been inefficient for fields to start, but could have led to a lot of explosive plays. 

Kind of funny that this is how I just said the Atlanta situation would have gone a few pages back if they had taken last year and would be debating taking a QB in 2023. But like I said in that, I doubt that they would take a QB in 2023. They'll debate it, but I'm sure that they'll give Fields a third season to work it out. One of the main issues you find with young QBs who struggle is that they are having to learn multiple systems over a short period of time. 

While I’d love to say I told you so, I also saw enough in him last year to say there’s definitely a chance I was wrong. There were a couple times I saw him actually have more presence and move in the pocket more naturally than I expected where I thought maybe he can improve. 

Still pretty confident in my assessments of all three QBs we were debating last year, but no way in hell the Bears should in any way be thinking of moving on from him at this point. 

26 minutes ago, straighthate said:

While I’d love to say I told you so, I also saw enough in him last year to say there’s definitely a chance I was wrong. There were a couple times I saw him actually have more presence and move in the pocket more naturally than I expected where I thought maybe he can improve. 

Still pretty confident in my assessments of all three QBs we were debating last year, but no way in hell the Bears should in any way be thinking of moving on from him at this point. 

I'd be surprised if it worked out. The talent is legit, always has been, but he's not going to be developed in Chicago. Just a terrible environment. Point and click would have been great for him under shanny. Entire field at his disposal, shanny could have done really well with him. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Forge said:

I'd be surprised if it worked out. The talent is legit, always has been, but he's not going to be developed in Chicago. Just a terrible environment. Point and click would have been great for him under shanny. Entire field at his disposal, shanny could have done really well with him. 

The arm talent’s legit. The processing or whatever you wanna call it, isn’t and that’s maybe impossible to teach.  Unfortunately, if it is possible to teach, I don’t think it’s happening in Chicago. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-news-rumor-mill/

So why does this think signing Wagner will help more than someone like Tretter or Brown or Gilmore etc? We are stacked at LB, there is no need to sign Wagner, especially when he would be playing the same position as Warner. I hope the interest was not all that serious lol.

My interest in signing Wagner resides solely in preventing the rams from signing him. I thought LB was their most glaring weakness last year. I like keeping that a weakness. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rudyZ said:

My interest in signing Wagner resides solely in preventing the rams from signing him. I thought LB was their most glaring weakness last year. I like keeping that a weakness. 

Then the Ravens or another team can sign him but we don't need him over other needs.

Give me JC Tretter damnit!!! 

Trade up to 3 was made a year ago today. Do you remember where you were? 

I was in the office that day. I checked this site and other nfl sites (reddit, pft, 49erstweets) first thing in the morning. I got busy and one of my coworkers left early for the day. 

I had been under the impression we would just trade for a guy like Minshew to backup Jimmy and go with a CB like Horn at 12. It was prepping to be a relatively boring offseason.

Then i casually checked pft that afternoon and saw we had made a massive trade up. And thus began one of the most confusing months i've ever had as a fan. Scouring the insiders tweets & articles, listening to all the podcasts, just hoping it was one of Fields/Lance, hoping we hadn't made a massive trade up for Mac lol

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I was in the office that day. I checked this site and other nfl sites (reddit, pft, 49erstweets) first thing in the morning. I got busy and one of my coworkers left early for the day. 

I had been under the impression we would just trade for a guy like Minshew to backup Jimmy and go with a CB like Horn at 12. It was prepping to be a relatively boring offseason.

Then i casually checked pft that afternoon and saw we had made a massive trade up. And thus began one of the most confusing months i've ever had as a fan. Scouring the insiders tweets & articles, listening to all the podcasts, just hoping it was one of Fields/Lance, hoping we hadn't made a massive trade up for Mac lol

I was at the office and it was my Birthday 😃

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, 9erFreak77 said:

I was at the office and it was my Birthday 😃

Happy birthday!

I have no clue. From late March to the draft is a blur 🤣

Edited by adamq
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

I was talking to my wife I look at my phone and saw it and said OMG And then disappeared to call a buddy and my wife thought someone died. Lol 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

I was on a work call and my friend called me 5 times in a row and I had to get off the call to make sure he wasn't dying 

Best plot twist of my life tbh 

Edited by N4L
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, adamq said:

I saw that as well. He did say that there was no indication that any of them are available. 

I get why people get so upset about the prospect of moving him, but I really do understand it. 

The coaching staff knows Samuel from its time in San Francisco. To say the coaches have an affinity for Samuel would be an understatement. At this point, there's no indication that any of them are available, but the Jets are keeping an eye on the situations, just in case.

If the Jets offered those two early second round picks I'm listening. I maybe would try and see if I could snake out Corey Davis from them somehow just to keep the top of our receiver room solid (they would have Deebo at X instead of Davis + Elijah Moore), but this is definitely something I wouldn't be trying to make happen if I were niner brass, but certainly something I'd be willing to talk about

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Serious question...if DJ Moore and Deebo Samuel were free agents, who would you rather sign to a 22 million dollar deal? 

I'll take option three for 12-15.

Edited by Justone2
  • Like 2