2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

@Forge this is what I was referring to. 

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/157192-49ers-notebook-kinlaw-looking-griese-brings-shanahan-overtime/

"If you had asked me halfway through (the season) if he was going to be playing, I would have said, 'Yes.' And things just started clicking for our team and we didn't want to mess it up," Shanahan said, per the San Francisco Chronicle. "But he's ready to go."

5 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I said from jump that I think Moore fits better inside. I remember watching him@The Senior Bowl and just thinking he looked more natural along the interior, blocking DTs. Experience at the position will be a factor but I'm really eager to see how he fares inside. 

But if Brunskill sticks@RG, which I expect to happen, I think Moore should be the guy as the swing tackle. Thought he had better feet than McKivitiz when mirroring pass-rushers the little snaps he did have@LT last year and I think those two competing for the swing tackle spot wouldn't be the worst thing. 

I really hope Moore wins the RG spot. I'd love to have Brunskill being our backup at all positions. Brunskill has experience playing all 5 spots including some time at C last offseason. I really think him being our backup for all spots on our line is where he is most valuable to us. 

I do think we'll add someone to our line during the draft as well so the competition should be good this offseason. 

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I’m pretty sure Banks suited up for some games this year, not that him dressing means anything. Shanny just had an interview where he said Banks was pushing to be the starter and probably would have had we not gone on a run because he didn’t want to mess with what we had going.

He dressed for the back half of the season and was inactive for the first half of the season. Basically, they made him active after they lost McG for the season against the Cards. 

28 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I said from jump that I think Moore fits better inside. I remember watching him@The Senior Bowl and just thinking he looked more natural along the interior, blocking DTs. Experience at the position will be a factor but I'm really eager to see how he fares inside. 

But if Brunskill sticks@RG, which I expect to happen, I think Moore should be the guy as the swing tackle. Thought he had better feet than McKivitiz when mirroring pass-rushers the little snaps he did have@LT last year and I think those two competing for the swing tackle spot wouldn't be the worst thing. 

We will see. I liked Moore better as a Center than a guard. Don't think he has a ton of strength on the inside, though I'm not sure how much emphasis we really need to put on strength in this scheme tbh. Otherwise, I'd keep him at Tackle. I mean, Skule is just brutally bad and I don't think the desire is to have McKivitz out there .

22 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I really hope Moore wins the RG spot. I'd love to have Brunskill being our backup at all positions. Brunskill has experience playing all 5 spots including some time at C last offseason. I really think him being our backup for all spots on our line is where he is most valuable to us. 

I do think we'll add someone to our line during the draft as well so the competition should be good this offseason. 

I'd be very, very happy with the turnout if he managed to secure that RG spot and allowed us to just swiss army knife Brunskill as a 6th lineman. 

21 minutes ago, Forge said:

We will see. I liked Moore better as a Center than a guard. Don't think he has a ton of strength on the inside, though I'm not sure how much emphasis we really need to put on strength in this scheme tbh. Otherwise, I'd keep him at Tackle. I mean, Skule is just brutally bad and I don't think the desire is to have McKivitz out there .

I was just going to say, I wouldn’t mind plugging him in at RT. 

2 hours ago, GW21 said:

Oh I definitely agree. I've been trying to get Brunskill to be our starting RT for years now. I just think Shanny trusts Brunskill@RG over the youngins even if it's a dead heat. I think he'll go with experience & familiarity when it's all said and done. Moore would cleary have to be the better player there, which I don't see happening right away.

Edited by 757-NINER

I honestly don't get the complaining about the change in overtime. 

I mean, I can understand indifference to it...like, whatever. But I really do not understand people hating on it. Just a weird thing to me. 

If you don't like the change, I'd love for you to elucidate why you actively don't like it, because my brain is 100% not comprehending why it's a bad thing outside of "it didn't need to be changed" and I really want to understand what the other side of the coin is. Purely informational, I don't really want to get into a debate or anything about it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 9erFreak77 said:

I agree …..carrying Jimmy will be a massive distraction in the locker room.

Honestly, I don't think he even steps into the locker room at all. We may drag this out, but he won't be in the building, either because we don't want him to get injured again, or because he doesn't want to have to compete for his job and risk the humiliation of losing. It's better for him to go be a back-up elsewhere, if that's to be the outcome.

• Like 4