2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

On 3/29/2022 at 1:45 PM, GW21 said:

I’m pretty sure Banks suited up for some games this year, not that him dressing means anything. Shanny just had an interview where he said Banks was pushing to be the starter and probably would have had we not gone on a run because he didn’t want to mess with what we had going.

It’s coach speak but considering how candid Shanny can be, I’ll take this. I was pretty high on banks in the draft but not for where we picked him, hoping he can turn it around. I also liked Sermon a lot coming out…so there’s that. 

2 hours ago, adamq said:

After the Antonio Brown debacle & that head slap he gave a DB, I'm not incredibly shocked they are having Arians step down.. more surprised it took this long. Gotta make you think Tommy boy played a part in this

I’m a little surprised they didn’t name Leftwich the HC tbh. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Lol 300K he spent on gift for his kids. 

If I had to guess, he probably has not spent a million yet and needed to get to that amount so he just said that LOL. He did not even receive a million dollars from his contract so yeah, pretty sure that was him just exaggerating to reach the million mark. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If I had to guess, he probably has not spent a million yet and needed to get to that amount so he just said that LOL. He did not even receive a million dollars from his contract so yeah, pretty sure that was him just exaggerating to reach the million mark. 

Lol, I didn't even think of that. 

1 hour ago, NinerNation21 said:

Maybe this is why Brady decided to come back? Weren't there rumors that Brady and Arians clashed?

Supposedly Arians would come in and kind of undermind all the work that Brady and Leftwich put in during the week and that had Brady a bit upset. Kind of why I thought Leftwich would get the job with Brady coming back; well that and putting him in a position that no one could touch him next year. 

1 hour ago, GW21 said:

Supposedly Arians would come in and kind of undermine all the work that Brady and Leftwich put in during the week and that had Brady a bit upset. Kind of why I thought Leftwich would get the job with Brady coming back; well that and putting him in a position that no one could touch him next year. 

This is why I think Bowels was hired as HC. Brady didnt want Leftwich's time to be divided with new HCing responsibilities, but rather dedicate 100% of his time to the offense, including in game adjustments etc etc. 

Would have been better for Tampa long term to hire Leftwich, who may get hired elsewhere soon, whereas Bowels probably wasnt going to get another HCing gig, but Brady is all in on one season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Of course lol.

Your move John....Oh wait LMAO. 

meh...was pretty much the expectation from jump so this doesn't even feel like new information for me tbh. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Isn't this fun, while we get to enjoy a few more months with Jimmy. 

Eh, they lost Miller and got Wagner, doesn’t offset the loss for me. Now if they still had Miller, then I would be a little pissed.

The Rams still have more losses than gains this offseason 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

meh...was pretty much the expectation from jump so this doesn't even feel like new information for me tbh. 

I mean it looked like the Ravens had a legitimate shot at him so I was hoping he would end up there.

Oh well, you can't expect the Rams not to continue trying to get better and make big moves. Not in their DNA to stand put.