2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean it looked like the Ravens had a legitimate shot at him so I was hoping he would end up there.

Oh well, you can't expect the Rams not to continue trying to get better and make big moves. Not in their DNA to stand put. 

Don’t worry we signed Odum to compete at saftey……..its all good.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Rams OL is always rock solid and I don't expect that to change even with Whitworth's retirement.

We have seen many pass rusher thrive next to Donald but losing Miller is big no doubt. But they still have Floyd.

Darius Williams was just a solid player to me, that's all.

Getting Wagner to take over for Reeder, someone we CONSISTENTLY took advantage of in our meetings is a big bummer. That was one advantage we could count on every single time and now it is gone. Wagner knows how to read this offense very well and always is one step ahead of Shanny. SMH! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I'm curious how there oline looks come week 1. 

Noteboom is pretty good, so the Whitworth loss is probably not as big as his name implies. 

Corbett is a meh guard...I can't imagine that people believe him to be much more than replacement level. 

Given the offensive scheme, they will likely be fine. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Rams have enough cap to sign Gilmore? 

Probably not as is, but Donald hasn't done his new contract yet. His cap hit will almost certainly go down and create enough space to sign Gilmore if they want

8 minutes ago, gridirongorilla said:

Didn't Jed try to hire McVay before they ended up with Shanahan? Just hindsight

They interviewed him. If I remember correctly they said Kyle was our guy all along. Obviously we don’t know that for sure, but it certainly seemed that way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GW21 said:

They interviewed him. If I remember correctly they said Kyle was our guy all along. Obviously we don’t know that for sure, but it certainly seemed that way.

Kyle was also "the guy" that year in the hiring cycle. 

I recall Mcvay as being a guy that was getting a lot of pub about his interviews and whatnot, but a lot of people on here thought he would get hired in the next go round. 

I could be remembering that wrong though. 

• Like 1