2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

34 minutes ago, adamq said:

Not the Titans WR I was hoping for

He's to Tre`quan Smith what Smith is to MVS lol

Before he ended up in the broken offense that was the TN passing game last year, he was mostly a downfield target in Indy, which is something that we could probably use. He's a WR4/5 guy, but he could certainly fill a role. I'd consider him the Travis Benjamin replacement. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 9erFreak77 said:

Swap Deebo for AJ lol

I love AJB and took him over Deebo in the shadow draft we do here, but I really don't see how this helps us

I am very scared of AJBs injury history at this point. Dude played on a shredded knee in 2020, and then missed a lot of 2021. That's very concerning. For all the flack Deebo takes for his injuries, it feels like he has been the healthier of the two. 

Kyle took Deebo over AJB in the draft. I don't see why he would change his mind now 

Aren't players adults? I sure wish they would act like such instead of "I'm not getting what I deserve, so I will take my ball and go home". 

Note I did not name Deebo: we don't know enough just yet. But in general, such behavior is very trite and immature. Be a man, not an entitled punk. I see too much of this as a teacher. 

Edited by Chrissooner49er
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Aren't players adults? I sure wish they would act like such instead of "I'm not getting what I deserve, so I will take my ball and go home". 

Note I did not name Deebo: we don't know enough just yet. But in general, such behavior is very trite and immature. Be a man, not an entitled punk. I see too much of this as a teacher. 

I agree with you in principal, however, my thoughts as a man in my early 20s were/are very different than my thoughts in my early 40s too. And on a second note, damn, I'm old.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Ninerholic said:

Oh boy. So what’s a realistic return they could get for Deebo?

If 10 is on the table you take that and run. Don't think that is the case. 

They offered 35 & 38 & 69 (getting back a pick in the 100's) for Hill, so I imagine it's similar. 

I would want Corey Davis back (assuming that Moore is off the table) because he would keep the receiver group afloat with Aiyuk. So maybe we can get that added based on Deebo being younger and likely less expensive than HIll. 

**this is also assuming that they have reached a point where they are looking at a divorce 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ninerholic said:

Oh boy. So what’s a realistic return they could get for Deebo?

Yeah, it’s funny, Deebo needs to understand that his value/skill set work a best with two teams….us and Miami. 

he can go to a different team and get paid, but what are the chances that team has the offensive intellect/creativity to get out of him what the Niners got.

let’s face it, based on pure receiving skills, I don’t think Deebo is a top 5 WR in this league. I don’t think he shines nearly as bright with another team outside of us, Miami and maybe the Chiefs

• Like 2

I read a rumor somewhere that the Jets were willing to offer up 10 overall for DK, but the Seahawks shut them down before it got to a formal offer was submitted. Deebo is coming off an All-Pro season and is younger than Davante and Tyreek.

I would start with #10, #35, and ask for a future pick personally: If they scoff at it, then so be it, we do not need to trade him. The facts are that he is an All-Pro player just now entering his prime and there is no guarantee that either of the picks I mentioned will even turn out to be role players at this point. 

All that being said, I am not trading Deebo unless he has simply priced himself off of our team or the haul is just to insane to pass up. To me in terms of importance Bosa is higher on the list than anyone on our team outside of the quarterback, so if it comes down to picking between Bosa & Samuel, then I'm trading Samuel all day long. 

EDIT: I also think it's kind of stupid and childish to clear your social media stuff when you want a new contract, but this is the world we live in. 

• Like 3