2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

One more thing, again IF Lombardi is correct here with his reporting...........

This team never ceases to believe me. In one light, they are trying to convince all the national reporters that it is no guarantee they get rid of Jimmy and there is a scenario he can return for 2022! Then in another light, you have Shanny practically BEGGING teams to trade for him and questioning why they aren't trading for him.

Absolute sh^t show................

(Posted here per @Chrissooner49er's request)

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

And I think deep down Deebo is fine with being a wideback, but there are probably playing time incentives that is ticking him off since he knows the more he is utilized as a RB, the more risk there is of him missing games. He's probably thinking, if you want to use me both ways, then don't put any injury incentives/playing time incentives and pay me what I'm worth. 

Just one of the most disappointing offseasons you can have. Everyone deserves blame here. 

I honestly think its more his agent then Deebo himself.

• Like 1

Wasn't Lombardi the one that was throwing a huge fit because he pretty much guaranteed that we were going to take Mac last year? Sounded like he was going to start crying after whiffing on that one last year. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Possible, but clearly Deebo has some hard feelings with the team at the moment.

Week 1 to 10

Samuel: 49 catches, 882 yards, 4 TDs.
TE George Kittle: 25 catches, 328 yards, 2 TDs.
WR Brandon Aiyuk: 19 catches, 130 yards, 2 TDs.

Week 11 to 18

Kittle: 46 catches, 582 yards, 4 TDs.
Aiyuk: 37 catches, 696 yards, 3 TDs.
Samuel: 28 catches, 523 yards, 2 TDs.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/04/22/nfl-draft-coaches-quarterback-evaluations

All this tells me is that Aiyuk is going to breakout VERY soon.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Wasn't Lombardi the one that was throwing a huge fit because he pretty much guaranteed that we were going to take Mac last year? Sounded like he was going to start crying after whiffing on that one last year. 

Yes, he was the one guaranteeing Mac at 3.

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Possible, but clearly Deebo has some hard feelings with the team at the moment.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/04/22/nfl-draft-coaches-quarterback-evaluations

All this tells me is that Aiyuk is going to breakout VERY soon.

I think Aiyuk is going to blow up this year. Not only has he been working with Trey the last two offseasons, but he finally dug himself out of the hole he was in with Shanny for whatever reason. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

For sure it’s his agent! He’s still promoting Wideback t-shirts on his site. I’m shocked his agent didn’t tell him to take that stuff down until I get you your receiver contract! 

• Like 1

I fully expect the 49ers to cut Jimmy right before Training camp starts if they can't trade him. Idc what the national media who have no inside information outside of like Peter King with this team says. 

Edited by 49erurtaza

41 minutes ago, GW21 said:

No. If I remember, he was simply adamant the pick wasn't fields

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Lombardi is convinced it won't be Fields, though.

"Can I tell you the news that I've heard? Justin Fields is not going to go No. 3," Lombardi told Patrick Meagher (h/t to Sasha D. Robinson). "That's what I've heard."

The writer acknowledges there are skeptics on Twitter who feel he could be wrong. He even has a message for them.

"Where are you getting your information?" a snarky Lombardi asked. "Like, you've got better sources than me? Good luck. Good luck. I'm just telling you, if it's not Mac Jones, it's Trey Lance. So, take that [how] you want, Patrick. Please do with it what you will."

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Edited by GW21
I had to look it up, but this is what I was thinking of I think.

I'll just lay it out there that there is no way in hell that Jimmy being on the roster has a significant impact on Deebo getting his deal. 

Deebo currently counts for nearly 5M against this years cap. You can easily fit a 22-23 Million dollar extension in with a slightly higher first year cap hit than that. Very minor adjustment would need to be required. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Why did he go back and double down that the pick was Jones when that wasn't what he said to begin with? What a weird move by Lombardi LOL.