2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

25 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Good post. I think the Watson domino has to fall too. If Watson goes to the Falcons, then Ryan is available. Same with the Browns & Mayfield. Ballard could want those guys more than Jimmy and is waiting for the market to clear up

Will the Colts want the ego of Mayfield after having the ego of Wentz? I guess that be the big question. As for just football talent rather have Baker on a cheaper deal than Jimmy g. 

Edited by 49erurtaza

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Bucs just traded a 5th for Shaq Mason lol. Jesus, where were we at on that? 

Dang, I didn't even know he was available. The way things are shaking out I think one of our first picks will be spent on a guard. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Dang, I didn't even know he was available. The way things are shaking out I think one of our first picks will be spent on a guard. 

Darrian Kinnard is basically Aaron Banks but played tackle in college. Like Banks, he prolly needs to lose 20 lbs. I really like Jamaree Salyer at guard - he did pretty darn well against Aidan Hutchinson in the bowl game as a LT. Salyer doesn't really move the needle as a run blocker like we prefer though. It's pretty rough other than that for startingish guards that fit what we're looking for about where we'll be picking. Some lighter guys that don't really fit the Jaylon Moore/Aaron Banks thing where we get big guys that can push the pile and reach block around 325 lbs. I think Zion Johnson or Kenyon Green will be gone by any time that we'd be picking but I love both of them. They both run block and pass protect at a projectible starter level and Green has a lot of positional versatility.

1 minute ago, JIllg said:

Darrian Kinnard is basically Aaron Banks but played tackle in college. Like Banks, he prolly needs to lose 20 lbs. I really like Jamaree Salyer at guard - he did pretty darn well against Aidan Hutchinson in the bowl game as a LT. Salyer doesn't really move the needle as a run blocker like we prefer though. It's pretty rough other than that for startingish guards that fit what we're looking for about where we'll be picking. Some lighter guys that don't really fit the Jaylon Moore/Aaron Banks thing where we get big guys that can push the pile and reach block around 325 lbs. I think Zion Johnson or Kenyon Green will be gone by any time that we'd be picking but I love both of them. They both run block and pass protect at a projectible starter level and Green has a lot of positional versatility.

I really like Kenyon Green. I think he's gone as well but he'd be someone I'd be really excited about. Well as excited as a guy can get about drafting a guard. 

• Like 1

I know that the entire fan base is ready to make this trade with Jimmy and turn the page, but there really hasnt been a deadline of any sort to move him yet. 

Obviously, that changes tomorrow, but even then, I get the sense that Jimmy knows the colts want him, we know the colts want him, the colts know they want him, but we arent about to trade him for less than his worth. 

We can make the numbers work temporarily. After Dee Ford reworked his deal, we only need 4.7m more to get under the cap. Just restructure AA and move 5m into next season. We will trade Jimmy at some point before the draft, get the 25m in savings and hopefully we have 5m roll over into next season to make AA's restructure pay for itself. 

Basically, I am saying, buckle up. Jimmy isnt getting cut or traded tomorrow, and he isnt getting cut at all. We actually have time to wait a few weeks. 

This is dependent on Charvarious and our other signings to hold off on putting pen to paper until we trade Jimmy though. So we don't have forever, but we do have time. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, N4L said:

I know that the entire fan base is ready to make this trade with Jimmy and turn the page, but there really hasnt been a deadline of any sort to move him yet. 

Obviously, that changes tomorrow, but even then, I get the sense that Jimmy knows the colts want him, we know the colts want him, the colts know they want him, but we arent about to trade him for less than his worth. 

We can make the numbers work temporarily. After Dee Ford reworked his deal, we only need 4.7m more to get under the cap. Just restructure AA and move 5m into next season. We will trade Jimmy at some point before the draft, get the 25m in savings and hopefully we have 5m roll over into next season to make AA's restructure pay for itself. 

Basically, I am saying, buckle up. Jimmy isnt getting cut or traded tomorrow, and he isnt getting cut at all. We actually have time to wait a few weeks. 

This is dependent on Charvarious and our other signings to hold off on putting pen to paper until we trade Jimmy though. So we don't have forever, but we do have time. 

I agree with you. I don't think we outright cut Jimmy. I think it's like you said and this is just a bit of gamesmanship between us and our potential trade partners. I think the Watson trade is also a big piece that may open some things up. Obviously Houston isn't going to trade Watson to the Colts, but NO or CAR may be back in the Jimmy G race if they miss out on Watson. Maybe we are just waiting for Watson to get traded to try and drive up the price with the Colts using the team that misses out on Watson.

4 minutes ago, N4L said:

This is what I'm expecting. Going to be fun month ahead. Lol