Vikings Extend Cousins Through 2023

Heimdallr

Is this a good move?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a good move?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. How many more seasons will Cousins be in MN?

• 3+

Yeah, Cousins isn't a guy who's going to stick around as a backup.  Once he's done as a starter, he'll be done, because that'll be God telling him it's time to go and he'll be content with that.  His oldest kid just started school recently too (and the other will be starting in a year or 2), so that'll have an impact on how long he plays as well.  He'll want some stability for them.     

47 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

i watched the first episode last night. it definitely keeps your attention, i even saw vike mommy sneaking peeks at it too, which says something as football doesn't exist for her.

at the same time, i'm glad it's not JUST about Cousins. lol

I still have to find the time...I'll be in Chicago next week for work, so I'll probably be able to do so then, since I won't have to be burdened with working on house projects.  🤣

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

at the same time, i'm glad it's not JUST about Cousins. lol

i mean, there's several minutes devoted to interviewing Kirk's wife and her showing the audience his boring wardrobe as she's picking out what he'll wear for an after game presser conference. lol

he has a fairly modest house, but it looks to be on an extensive piece of rural property. good for him. i saw a pic of Mahomes' new house (not in the Netflix series) and it's a gaudy mansion.

• Like 1

I’m on ep 5, and I’m enjoying it. I feel like Kirk is more… nervous on screen? Nervous isn’t the right word, but I think he seems the most aware of the cameras and rigid, like he’s trying to be what a documentary subject should be in his mind. Same with his wife. He’s tough as nails! Crazy how he kept going last year.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

he has a fairly modest house, but it looks to be on an extensive piece of rural property. good for him. i saw a pic of Mahomes' new house (not in the Netflix series) and it's a gaudy mansion.

I have yet to see Mahomes' new house, but do know exactly where his old house was (everyone knows where it is here).  It is in a rather upscale neighborhood not far from the state line where a lot of athletes and other well-to-dos live.  Now, he's moved a little further south into a more rural area (which he obviously had to do to get more space).

I should go talk to a former co-worker who now probably is a neighbor of Mahomes' since he lives in the same town where his new mansion is.  😂

Edited by swede700

9 hours ago, swede700 said:

I think some of those contracts negated the prior contracts and the guaranteed money, and replaced the guaranteed money with a new amount.  So, it's possible that the TOTAL guaranteed money isn't additive in the way it is displayed.  Just a hunch.  You would need the details of each contract to know the correct total guaranteed money over his career.  Think about it this way; $229M guaranteed over an 11 year career, plus 2023, is $19.1 M per year.  That sounds reasonable now, but his guaranteed money began in 2016 when most QBs annual salaries were lower than $20M per year.