Jets sign OG Laken Tomlinson

Bianconero

Like it a lot and way better than GVR. 

Fant-AVT-CMG-LT-Highway 77

very solid OL right there assuming Tomlinson and Becton are comfortable switching. 

Draft wise I like a developmental C and T insurance. But idk where a guy like Neal or Ekwonu fits without getting rid of one of Becton or Fant. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Great move! I'm happy with the oline now. Some people can be upgraded. But I'm excited to add him.

Yeah, I think that rules out OL in round 1.  However, I'd still like to see OT either on day 2 or rd 3 to push / backup Mekhi and/or to replace Fant next year.

Good signing. Juts a band aid for a couple years... but knows the system and wont take anytime to fit in. He's an upgrade over LDT. But I am interested if who gets moved to RG him or AVT. I'd imagine we move AVT to RG. I mean Tomlinson was the 11th best OG (that's both OG spots) in the NFL last year. I know AVT graded out great too, but we will see.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Good signing. Juts a band aid for a couple years... but knows the system and wont take anytime to fit in. He's an upgrade over LDT. But I am interested if who gets moved to RG him or AVT.

It’s a big contract though so maybe we think he will be better than a band aid. 

Looking at what Jacksonville are doing is interesting….they are very similar to us so will be interesting over the next few years how they build around Lawerence as we do Wilson. 

Also the bills have signed Roger Saffold. Always thought he was a quality player although injuries have slowed him down apparently. 

1 minute ago, KimuraGod said:

It’s a big contract though so maybe we think he will be better than a band aid. 

Looking at what Jacksonville are doing is interesting….they are very similar to us so will be interesting over the next few years how they build around Lawerence as we do Wilson. 

Also the bills have signed Roger Saffold. Always thought he was a quality player although injuries have slowed him down apparently. 

I like this move bc it's an immediate plug and play guy at pretty much close to a pro bowl level. When we have 2 young guys that rely on the OL in Wilson and Carter, this is huge. We now have an OL with no weakness.