Forum wide Current Mock Draft-Discussion Thread

bcb1213

1 minute ago, Whicker said:

I believe if a dude plays offensive tackle he’s eligible to play offensive tackle. If a dude is a CB he’s eligible to play CB. If a dude is an offensive tackle he’s NOT eligible to play offensive guard. If a dudes a CB he’s NOT eligible to play S. I do not feel as though people share my interpretation even though this is the standard of fantasy leagues everywhere 

So let's say there is an injury and my starting RG is inactive.  Let's say I had one OL on my bench and he was an OT.

Would you say he was ineligible to play OG?  Or can he?

Just now, Ragnarok said:

So let's say there is an injury and my starting RG is inactive.  Let's say I had one OL on my bench and he was an OT.

Would you say he was ineligible to play OG?  Or can he?

You would at that point be dinged for playing a dude out of position 

Just now, Whicker said:

You would at that point be dinged for playing a dude out of position 

Ok, so we agree there.  Same with playing an OG at OT, LT at RT, Cb at S, etc.

I think our disagreement comes on how much/if at all you account for a player having played that position previously.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I don’t understand how my interpretation involves disparity whereas “whatever I think this guy is capable of” doesn’t. One of the many reasons I should just walk because I know no one agrees with me 

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Ok, so we agree there.  Same with playing an OG at OT, LT at RT, Cb at S, etc.

I think our disagreement comes on how much/if at all you account for a player having played that position previously.

I just think it’s all case by case basis. I mean if you went back to college La’el Collins has played both T spots and even just his NFL tape RT and G.

So if a guy starts him at G you ding him or go off what level of play he’s proven capable of.

Or DBs like Jimmie Ward. 

I’m not saying we should be able to claim whatever we want. But for me it’s especially O-line where there has to be some flexibility. Teams only dress 7 lots in real world. Injuries happen. How about Vaitai as another example…

1 minute ago, RTTRUTH said:

I just think it’s all case by case basis. I mean if you went back to college La’el Collins has played both T spots and even just his NFL tape RT and G.

So if a guy starts him at G you ding him or go off what level of play he’s proven capable of.

Or DBs like Jimmie Ward. 

I’m not saying we should be able to claim whatever we want. But for me it’s especially O-line where there has to be some flexibility. Teams only dress 7 lots in real world. Injuries happen. How about Vaitai as another example…

I think my use of the word eligible was a mistake. 

In this case you can play a guy who’s not “eligible,” but you get dinged. 

This is where it gets different for me I suppose. If I see a T at G I am not leaving it up to my own personal interpretation of whether or not he can play there. I’m just downgrading him 

20 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

We've already had this argument in BDL.  Dude can't track the ball deep and ends up grabbing and getting flagged.  He's bad.

Last year for sure. He definitely improved in that regard this year, especially towards the end of the season. He's a low-end no.1 CB but will be fine with mostly IRL no.2 WRs in this format.

But anyway this post was more for bcb haha.

I think the position changes fall under the don't be a ****** category.   If you're moving a tackle to guard be prepared for that player to not be looked at as favorably as they would be as a tackle due to the unknown factor. It's your roster do with it as you please but know there are folks that will downgrade it completely, some minorly and some not at all 

• Like 3

Man people getting worked up about positional changes. This is the speculative portion of this CMD is going to get interesting. For my part, I will be reasonable in any "transition" players make. If you move a guard from left to right or a tackle from left to right or a defensive end from strong side to weak side or a SLB to WLB, I will give you the benefit of a doubt if it "makes sense." I have drafted someone "out of position" and I didn't think anything of it. Especially considering that is most likely the position he will play next year. If someone wants to "ding" me at that position for it, they can feel free.

At the end of the day, most people won't see the true genius that people like Malf, Forge and myself has and that is more a reflection of you guys and not me. ;)

Whatever Whatever I Do What I Want South Park GIF

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

I wasn't aware that this was such a hot button topic. I was just going to pick and just go from there. Didn't know people were evaluating the teams and whatnot. 

Clearly this is something that people will hold over each others heads for the lifetime of FF.

Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

At the end of the day, this is a good representation of where the other posters view players in relation to where I view them. It is very interesting to note some differences and similarities. I'm going to be honest, I didnt know a couple of the players that were drafted so far, like at all.

• Like 1

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

Clearly this is something that people will hold over each others heads for the lifetime of FF.

Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

At the end of the day, this is a good representation of where the other posters view players in relation to where I view them. It is very interesting to note some differences and similarities. I'm going to be honest, I didnt know a couple of the players that were drafted so far, like at all.

Really curious who. My guess is Sebastian Joseph Day who has like an online cult following, maybe Michael Onwenu who was a really good rookie guard that played some right tackle year two I think but I think he got sent to the bench when everyone was healthy for some reason. Or maybe like Foye Oluokun because no one cares about Falcons defense or Mooney for same thing but Bears offense.