Forum wide Current Mock Draft-Discussion Thread

bcb1213

10 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Henry is better in the red zone, excellent in the short to intermediate range, and his blocking is infinitely better than Fant.

Let's not forget that Henry was in an offense that threw the ball 3 times in a game.  And they weren't playing from behind most every game, unlike Denver.

Fant is more athletic for sure, but in an actual offense, I take Henry every time.

New England had 6 fewer pass attempts on the season than Denver, I guess all six of those went to Noah Fant.

But no, hey, I can see how Hunter Henry would have trouble drawing looks away from Redacted and Redacted, those guys are obviously going to demand more targets in the passing game than Courtland Sutton, Jerry Jeudy, Redacted, and Redacted.

As for the actual NFL offense, I think it's fair to wait until Fant is on one to make that judgment.

Edited by Blue

Fant has 20 more catches, 80 more yards, and 6 less TDs on 15 more targets(if I can math) the past two years. And a lower yards per catch.  And is a much worse blocker.  The narrow advantage in numbers does not offset the huge blocking disparity.

Sutton was also not fully back in form the first half of the year and Jeudy missed like half the season, so Two Gloves had to throw at someone.

12 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Fant has 20 more catches, 80 more yards, and 6 less TDs on 15 more targets(if I can math) the past two years. And a lower yards per catch.  And is a much worse blocker.  The narrow advantage in numbers does not offset the huge blocking disparity.

Sutton was also not fully back in form the first half of the year and Jeudy missed like half the season, so Two Gloves had to throw at someone.

So you admit that he has had two seasons with more catches and yards than Hunter Henry has ever had in a single season in his career.

Weird how Fant had nearly identical numbers of catches and targets in the final half of the season as he did in the first half then. It's almost like that's an excuse to continue to pretend that Hunter Henry isn't more reputation than game.

Fant has a much higher ceiling than Henry for sure. More gamebreaking ability and the superior athlete. Just hasn't quite put it all together for some reason.

Henry's a jack of all trades master of none. If you need someone who can stretch the field and explosive plays, Fant is better. If you want a plus blocker and someone who can serve as a safety valve, Henry's better. 

They might play the same position but serve different roles.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blue said:

So you admit that he has had two seasons with more catches and yards than Hunter Henry has ever had in a single season in his career.

Weird how Fant had nearly identical numbers of catches and targets in the final half of the season as he did in the first half then. It's almost like that's an excuse to continue to pretend that Hunter Henry isn't more reputation than game.

Two seasons with very similar numbers as Henry, yes.  And Henry has a higher YPC and had as many TDs last year than Fant has in his whole career.

I honestly have no clue how you think the first sentence leads to the second.  There's no logical connection.

3 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Fant has a much higher ceiling than Henry for sure. More gamebreaking ability and the superior athlete. Just hasn't quite put it all together for some reason.

Henry's a jack of all trades master of none. If you need someone who can stretch the field and explosive plays, Fant is better. If you want a plus blocker and someone who can serve as a safety valve, Henry's better. 

They might play the same position but serve different roles.

Oh, I won't disagree that Fant's athletic profile gives him a higher ceiling.  

I agree Henry is a better blocker and safety valve.  He still provides explosive plays, but he's not running around like a WR.

And when you take all the aspects of a TE into account, give me Henry every time no question.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Two seasons with very similar numbers as Henry, yes.  And Henry has a higher YPC and had as many TDs last year than Fant has in his whole career.

I honestly have no clue how you think the first sentence leads to the second.  There's no logical connection.

If by "similar" you mean "better," sure

You're still trying to make **** up about Fant to distract from the fact that Henry is overrated, albeit only overrated by you, it appears.

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

If by "similar" you mean "better," sure

You're still trying to make **** up about Fant to distract from the fact that Henry is overrated, albeit only overrated by you, it appears.

Not sure what I've made up, but I know you well enough to know that when you go down this path, you know you're wrong so are trying to change the argument.

7 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Not sure what I've made up, but I know you well enough to know that when you go down this path, you know you're wrong so are trying to change the argument.

7 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

This. This is untrue. Fant's receptions were nearly identical when Jeudy and Sutton were in the lineup the second half of the season.