9 members have voted

1. 1. Who wants it more

• Ben McAdoo's Blue Bombers
    • Kyle Shanahan's ForgotToRunAganns
    • Jim Tomsula's Pizza Doughnuts
    • Chip Kelly's FastAsHellies
    • Mike Dingleberry's Scary Cherries

2 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

I still don't think he has a whole lot of breakaway speed. What's his career longest? 35 yards? 

Playing behind one of the worst o-lines in the game and with a passing game that does nothing to open up the running game he's still on pace for 1000+ rushing yards and 80 catches.  I'll also take that any day.

1 minute ago, big9erfan said:

Playing behind one of the worst o-lines in the game and with a passing game that does nothing to open up the running game he's still on pace for 1000+ rushing yards and 80 catches.  I'll also take that any day.

He's not on pace for 1000 yards. He's actually not even on pace for 900. And FWIW, FO has us ranked middle of the pack regarding run blocking as an offensive line. 

1 minute ago, big9erfan said:

He's a good player, no doubt. The question is, does he fit what Shanahan and Lynch are trying to build?

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

That probably has more so to do with barely getting like 10 carries a game...The Shanny special of 15 runs to 50 passes.

Oh, no doubt. I wasn't trying to suggest that he didn't have the capability or skill to rush for 1000, just that he wasn't actually on pace for the figure. I think he's looked amazing this year. Better than at any point of his career in my opinion. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It could have, but didn't need either there. Just give the ball to Hyde....But Juice Check runs on 4th and 1 have worked recently I guess.

In critical 4th and shorts plays all season long he's chosen to try to out-think the defense rather than out-execute them. Harbaugh would bring in the jumbo and bascially say "Try to stop the straight RB handoff up the middle" and Shanny seems to say "I'm not running the straight RB up the middle because I'm afraid you can stop it" Could we have something in between these two philosophical approaches. I'll the RB dive play most of the time with an occasional other play thrown in just to keep the off balance.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Our run defense is only marginally better than last year's version at this point. 

that's very disappointing. You can explain our problems in the secondary due to injuries, rookies and the lack of pressure on the QB, but the run defence really should be better.

Just now, big9erfan said:

In critical 4th and shorts plays all season long he's chosen to try to out-think the defense rather than out-execute them. Harbaugh would bring in the jumbo and bascially say "Try to stop the straight RB handoff up the middle" and Shanny seems to say "I'm not running the straight RB up the middle because I'm afraid you can stop it" Could we have something in between these two philosophical approaches. I'll the RB dive play most of the time with an occasional other play thrown in just to keep the off balance.

I wonder what our percentage was last year with Kelly. Seemed like it was much better as well as in the red zone. 

Archived