9 members have voted

1. 1. Who wants it more

• Ben McAdoo's Blue Bombers
    • Kyle Shanahan's ForgotToRunAganns
    • Jim Tomsula's Pizza Doughnuts
    • Chip Kelly's FastAsHellies
    • Mike Dingleberry's Scary Cherries

Just now, rudyZ said:

We're still last, but allowing what, 25 fewer yards a game? Last year was historically bad. Jim O'Neill bad.

Yeah, it was total hyperbole on my part. We've actually shaved off about a yard per carry compared to last year lol 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This is what baffles me about Shanny. Hyde's first run of the game goes for 28 yards....so the rest of the quarter he gets one carry? Really?

I'mm really beginning to not like his unwillingness to stick with the run when it's working.  If they can't stop it, just keep doing it Kyle.  You get no bonus points for showing how varied your offense can be.

1 minute ago, AustrianNiner said:

that's very disappointing. You can explain our problems in the secondary due to injuries, rookies and the lack of pressure on the QB, but the run defence really should be better.

It was a lot of hyperbole. It's definitely not great, but it's actually better than last year's by a decent enough margin. 

Just now, big9erfan said:

I'mm really beginning to not like his unwillingness to stick with the run when it's working.  If they can't stop it, just keep doing it Kyle.  You get no bonus points for showing how varied your offense can be.

He has a lot of really nice play calls/schemes, but some of his play calling just makes no sense at all. Weren't the Falcons one of the leading teams in rush attempts last year? So why not at least try to establish the run game with a bad QB and poor supporting cast? How does he expect Beathard to be successful if we don't have any sort of run game?

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

He's not on pace for 1000 yards. He's actually not even on pace for 900. And FWIW, FO has us ranked middle of the pack regarding run blocking as an offensive line. 

Ah. I forgot. We've lost 9 games already. Not 8 like I was thinking.  Must be just be in denial

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

He has a lot of really nice play calls/schemes, but some of his play calling just makes no sense at all. Weren't the Falcons one of the leading teams in rush attempts last year? So why not at least try to establish the run game with a bad QB and poor supporting cast? How does he expect Beathard to be successful if we don't have any sort of run game?

It's one of the reasons that I can't quite get behind Barkley on this team. I don't have any faith that Shanny would change something up to make it worth it. Run 40% of the time, and only about 70% of those would go to Barkley...I feel like you're really wasting talent there. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Or Garoppolo. I doubt Jimmy wants to come in and get pounded into the ground by the pass rush. If you're trying to get Jimmy to sign a contract eventually, at least don't concuss him right away.

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

It was a lot of hyperbole. It's definitely not great, but it's actually better than last year's by a decent enough margin. 

We also lost Bowman/Armstead/Lynch who were all solid in the run game. Like last year, we have a bunch of players on the front 7 that weren't even on the opening roster.

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's one of the reasons that I can't quite get behind Barkley on this team. I don't have any faith that Shanny would change something up to make it worth it. Run 40% of the time, and only about 70% of those would go to Barkley...I feel like you're really wasting talent there. 

Barkeley was shut down again this week.  This time by Rutgers, not OSU. I'm just not seeing him being in the same ballpark as Fournette and Elliott.

Archived