Eagles released DT Fletcher Cox; Re-signed a 1 year deal for $14M

ACO

Cox restructured his deal last year in what was one of the more complex contracts Ive seen in the NFL, since at least the days of the old rookie system. 

Lowkey same to the last tweet 😭

Most confusing NFL contract I’ve run into for my team. I watched 30 min videos on it and still barely understood it.

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

This is definitely a big surprise in terms of us releasing him. It isn't a secret his play has dropped off significantly and he was getting paid way too much. I would love to bring him back as seeing him in any other uniform would just feel so wrong.

Weren't you guys just telling me your team was going back to the playoffs because of great talent like Fletcher Cox? lol

My oh my the narrative!

There's seems to be some sentiment that Cox may be re-signed. Honestly, the only reason I didn't think he would be cut was because of his contract but apparently it's one of the more convoluted contract structures in the league. So, I have no idea how this affects the cap now and in the future. Also, he is coming off a couple of down years and he's on the wrong side of 30. He didn't seem to fit well in the scheme either.

Just now, SteelKing728 said:

Weren't you guys just telling me your team was going back to the playoffs because of great talent like Fletcher Cox? lol

My oh my the narrative!

Who said this? Why would anybody think that Cox would be the reason we might make it back to the playoffs this year?  He was not very productive last year. 

9 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

Cox will catch on somewhere almost immediately, or just sign a new deal in Philly. Either way he'll be making quarterbacks uncomfortable for some time to come.

Yep. He is still a good player and I am sure will have plenty of suitors. I really hope we can bring him back, but I can see a contender overpaying for him.