Packers trade WR Davante Adams to the Raiders

deltarich87

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

You have to carry some money into the season for the inevitable injuries and potential move to 'get you over the hump!'

Correct, but the 2 extra draft picks only increase the rookie pool cost by like $1.1M, (up from around $3.2M)....not the drastic overreaction that the post I quoted was suggesting

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

The Steelers know whats good. If hes not good enough for Tomlin and company I trust their judgement. Not like Trubisky doesnt need someone to throw to.

Also. Of course im being dramatic. It makes posting way more fun.

I just think it's silly to write him off. On the right deal he's a really solid get and tough despite his propensity to dance.

1 minute ago, minnypackerfan said:

Can JuJu Smith Schuster separate?  He looks a lot slower than Adams.  

I dont know the guy well....so I'm taking a back seat to the opinion of others. My recollections aren't terrific - but I was never all in with Steeler stuff....so cant say I know how they were getting it done.

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

my guess is Adams wanted that contract last season on an extension.   The longer it went, the chance of Adams re-signing with GB likely decreased

Guess he felt he wasn't getting the "respect" he deserved and when GB finally came with the offer it was too little too late and that bridge was burned. Honestly, Davante did GB a favor here.....but with the offseason GB has had(trying to win now), it's imperative that they find a way to revamp the WR room

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

my guess is Adams wanted that contract last season on an extension.   The longer it went, the chance of Adams re-signing with GB likely decreased

I think last season hurt Adams and made up his mind then. Looking back on it… he always seemed pissed about it throughout the season.

1 minute ago, deltarich87 said:

Guess he felt he wasn't getting the "respect" he deserved and when GB finally came with the offer it was too little too late and that bridge was burned. Honestly, Davante did GB a favor here.....but with the offseason GB has had(trying to win now), it's imperative that they find a way to revamp the WR room

can't blame Adams, can't really blame GB

Adams outplayed his 2nd contract and was producing like the best WR in the NFL, so thinking and asking to be paid as such makes sense.

GB has always been hesitant to hand out 3rd contracts...especially ones that size.  I would think GB tried to make it work, but if Adams wanted out, not much GB can do.  

5 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

I just think it's silly to write him off. On the right deal he's a really solid get and tough despite his propensity to dance.

Eh give me other guys. Hes not special at anything. We have Lazard who does what hes best at better. Give me a WR who does WR things as his best trait.