Packers trade WR Davante Adams to the Raiders

deltarich87

12 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I just think the Packers should have said .. look, you don't want us to match it then pay us the (2) 1's that the non exclusive franchise tag dictates.

I'd just as soon have the OAK RD1 & RD2 for 2022 vs RD1's in 2022 and 2023

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Yah when I was reading his scouting reports I got Jordy Nelson. Maybe there is something to it hey?  Speaking of which he is now one of my draft crushes.  Would look real good in the Green and Gold...

Is he Jordy Nelson or Allan Lazard?

On 3/18/2022 at 12:11 PM, PossibleCabbage said:

I think people have the impression that Vegas=The Strip, when that's really not true at all.  It's very easy to live in Vegas and just never go there.  You get 3 blocks away and it's basically like any other modern city (there's a great place for pancakes not far away from the craziness).

The reasons for not wanting to live in Vegas have more to do with the climate (you are literally living in the desert) than anything else.  But people also choose to live in Arizona.

Traffic.  Unfriendly people.  Crime. Money grubbers. 

Some of the reasons I moved away after 14 years.

But you are right. I went to the strip once a month- usually if I had out of town guests staying. If you like to gamble, you won't last long living in Vegas.

Edited by VegasDan

13 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I just think the Packers should have said .. look, you don't want us to match it then pay us the (2) 1's that the non exclusive franchise tag dictates.  I can't imagine the raiders would have balked at that.  Oh well .. I still think we got a good deal, but maybe could have got more.  And, if the Raiders balk you end up keeping Adams .. which made a lot of sense since the Packers decided to keep Aaron a week before.  It seems odd that Aaron remains and Davante is gone.   Now we are in a spot where we need to add some serious veteran talent at wide receiver if we seriously want to keep pace with the last year or two. 

I'm assuming we asked for two 1st and Raiders said no so presumably weren't prepared to write up an offer sheet.

So what do you do ?  Adams clearly had his heart set on going there. Not sure what the point of holding him against his will is. Its a good deal for Packers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Did anybody look at the structure of Adams contract yet? The Raiders could get out of this deal next year with very little dead money. He only got 20 million in guaranteed money. If they want out next year, they could move him before the 20 million roster bonus is due they would only have 15 million in dead money and 15 million in cap savings. 

Davante Adams Contract Details, Salary Cap Charges, Bonus Money, and Contract History | Over The Cap

It's a solid deal that has 2 years fluffing up the AAV on the backside.

21 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It's worth less.  Should have asked for their 2022 3rd or a player to get closer to the true value of a franchise tag. 

For a team with a 3-year SB window, I do not agree.  I'll take the extra year of production and call it a day.

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It's worth less.  Should have asked for their 2022 3rd or a player to get closer to the true value of a franchise tag. 

Not true. Typically the going rate for trading a pick this year is to get a round higher the next year. So, say, a team really wants our second round pick this year they could hypothetically offer their first next year and it would be considered a fair trade.

That said, with the depth of talent in this year's draft, a second round pick this season could get you a player worth a first rounder next season. I think this is better than 2 firsts.

1 hour ago, Sandy said:

That said, with the depth of talent in this year's draft, a second round pick this season could get you a player worth a first rounder next season. I think this is better than 2 firsts.

If the Packers would have traded Aaron Rodgers, I probably would have preferred the FRP next year.  But with Rodgers, I'd rather have the SRP this year.

• Like 2

On 3/19/2022 at 1:55 AM, wgbeethree said:

Googles Alec Pierce "comparison". First result.... Eric Decker.

I'm not saying. I'm just saying.

Lol…the soft bigotry of white receiver comp segregation is real. 

The young man is on the ground a lot. Tough to get YAC that way. Nonetheless he could still be available in the third round if we miss out on the first two early runs on receivers. 

On 3/19/2022 at 1:55 AM, wgbeethree said:

Googles Alec Pierce "comparison". First result.... Eric Decker.

I'm not saying. I'm just saying.

I was bored and did this and there was other names but I found Jordy on the first page of results too

I really don't remember much of Eric Decker, is there a chance that maybe he does play like Decker? Any chance the person doing the comp was really looking at style of play and not the tone of the player's skin. 

Tried a few more. 

Desmond Ridder - comp was Dak Prescott

Drake London - Mike Evans

Greg Dulcich - Jared Cook

Leo Chenal - Zaven Collins

This is a serious question here, does a white player always need to be comp'd to a black player and vice versa or it is bigotry? That might be a little difficult with many positions. Imagine every black CB needed to be comp'd to a white CB or it is bigotry. All this thin skinniness' about comp's is just odd to me.