Your top 5 WRs as of 2022

notthatbluestuff

19 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

2 of the consensus top 5 now on new teams. Can Adams and Hill maintain their dominance with Vegas and Miami?

I think Miami may use Hill similar to how the 9ers use Deebo. They're going to try to get the ball in his hands a lot whether running plays or quick screens. He may become that hybrid player due to Tua's limitations as a passer. 

That being said, Tua can absolutely take his game to another level. If that's the case- then they'd be more willing to let Tua facilitate the ball more. 

10 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

I think Miami may use Hill similar to how the 9ers use Deebo. They're going to try to get the ball in his hands a lot whether running plays or quick screens. He may become that hybrid player due to Tua's limitations as a passer. 

That being said, Tua can absolutely take his game to another level. If that's the case- then they'd be more willing to let Tua facilitate the ball more. 

Isn’t Hill pretty undersized compared to Deebo? 

6 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Isn’t Hill pretty undersized compared to Deebo? 

Deebo has a couple inches and about 30 lbs on him, so yeah- but Hill has blazing speed, obviously.

I just think McDaniel's will want to get the ball to his elite player as much as possible like he did with Deebo. Tua is still only a game manager at this point like Jimmy G (not quite as good as Jimmy G, though), so even more reason to follow a similar philosophy.

Buttt, As I said, if Tua can take the next step, then the philosophy likely shifts a bit, but if McDaniel feels limited by Tua- he'll have Hill eat because Miami lacks a true #1 RB and a franchise QB.

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

Deebo has a couple inches and about 30 lbs on him, so yeah- but Hill has blazing speed, obviously.

I just think McDaniel's will want to get the ball to his elite player as much as possible like he did with Deebo. Tua is still only a game manager at this point like Jimmy G (not quite as good as Jimmy G, though), so even more reason to follow a similar philosophy.

Buttt, As I said, if Tua can take the next step, then the philosophy likely shifts a bit, but if McDaniel feels limited by Tua- he'll have Hill eat because Miami lacks a true #1 RB and a franchise QB.

I think a lot of the perception about Tua’s limitations as a passer comes from misunderstandings about his short yardage-based tendencies; a lot of that was necessitated by being behind the worst offensive line in the league. With more time to throw on a consistent basis, maybe we’ll see what he can really do with deeper passes to better utilize Hill’s speed (as well as that of his other weapons). 

• Like 1

On 3/18/2022 at 4:24 PM, BayRaider said:

Funny how Kupp is #1 because of one season.. he wasn’t even a Top 15 WR according to votes on FootballsFuture before 2021 started. 

It’s been Adams the past couple years as the best. Hopkins was the king before that for a couple years as well. Before that was MT for a year. And before that was Antonio Brown for like six years. 

He just had the greatest WR season of all time (debatable for the regular season but not for the entire season). It's nitpicky to have an issue with anyone putting him at #1 instead of 2 or 3. 

Not to mention your basing your top 2 off of playing with Rodgers and Mahomes. As much as I defend Goff, he wasn't putting out elite QB play like Stafford can so not acknowledging that he's only played one season with what the other two have continuously had seems disingenuous. 

1. Kupp
2. Adams
3. Hill
4. Hopkins
5. Diggs (with JJ being right behind)

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

I think a lot of the perception about Tua’s limitations as a passer comes from misunderstandings about his short yardage-based tendencies; a lot of that was necessitated by being behind the worst offensive line in the league. With more time to throw on a consistent basis, maybe we’ll see what he can really do with deeper passes to better utilize Hill’s speed (as well as that of his other weapons). 

Agreed. He gets the ball out extremely quickly. Really hard to gauge how good he is. He had some really careless turnovers and his pocket presence isn't there yet (though a bad line will do that to a young QB), but that's life as a young QB. Not all of them learn from those mistakes, though. 

I doubt he'll ever be an elite QB, but you never know. I think his realistic ceiling is a top-10 QB, but not top-5, which is good enough to win with.

One thing is for sure, though- Tua doesn't have Mahomes ability to extend plays or his arm talent, so I don't expect Hill to have as many deep catches, but with Waddle on the other side- it's really going to create mismatches for defenses. Hill is great in the intermediate routes and screens as well, so he can be an impact player even if he doesn't have an elite QB making crazy plays to get him the ball deep. 

Edited by WizeGuy

1. Davante Adams

2. Cooper Kupp

3. Justin Jefferson 

4. Tyreek Hill

5. DeAndre Hopkins

6. Deebo Samuel 

7. Stefon Diggs

8. Ja'Mar Chase 

9. DK Metcalf 

10. Chris Godwin

11. Tee Higgins 

12. Terry McClurin 

13. DJ Moore

14. Keenan Allen 

15. Mike Evans

16. AJ Brown

17. Diontae Johnson

18. Tyler Lockett 

19. Ceedee Lamb

20. Brandin Cooks

• Like 1

On 3/18/2022 at 3:24 PM, BayRaider said:

Funny how Kupp is #1 because of one season.. he wasn’t even a Top 15 WR according to votes on FootballsFuture before 2021 started. 

It’s been Adams the past couple years as the best. Hopkins was the king before that for a couple years as well. Before that was MT for a year. And before that was Antonio Brown for like six years. 

Things changed. And honestly its not just one season. Kupp was having nice success with Goff. His rookie season he fell short of a 1,000yds. In 2018 he would easily had over 1,000yds had he not torn his ACL and missed the final 8 regular season games plus the playoffs. Then in 2019 he had over 1,000yds and in 2020 he fell like 26yds short of 1,000yds receiving. The past three seasons he has had no less than 90 catches and again had he not gotten hurt in 2018 and missed the final 8 regular season games he wouldve had another 90+ catch season. He did that with what many call a average to below average QB in Goff. The second he got a top 5 arm talent QB in Stafford who can do things that probably only 3 other QBs in the NFL can do (Mahomes, Herbert, and ARod) all Kupp did was have the best single season by any receiver in NFL history and capped it off with winning a Superbowl and getting the Superbowl MVP to add to it. 

I dont think Kupp is a one hit wonder. Now I dont think he will put up the same numbers this upcoming season or in the future like he did last season. If you are telling me though he is still going to look even better with Stafford than he did with Goff then Im certainly telling you he will. Last season was only the beginning. I do agree with you on one thing and thats the changing of receivers yearly. That tells me this league is in great hands at the receiver position. Thomas was at the top bc he was having productive seasons with Brees and in Payton system. Brees and Payton is no longer there plus he didnt play last season. Lets see how he does this upcoming season. Adams and Hopkins definitely can make a case for the top spot. Chase and Jefferson is on the list too as well as Hill. We will see how Hill does now that he is no longer with Mahomes and in Reid system. But Kupp definitely belongs in the conversation for best receiver.