Browns to trade for QB Deshaun Watson; Agree to new contract (5yr 230M Fully GTD)

AkronsWitness

Just now, SkippyX said:

His bank account just won for sure.

I haven't seen this much money since Trump asked for donations to save the election with the fine print that it all just goes to him.

This was about the money, not football. The Browns made a ridiculous offer he couldn't refuse. If it was purely about football, the Saints would have been the choice.

5 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

Cooper doesn't even have 6 games of 125 yards receiving in his last 4 seasons combined, let alone in one. And Njoku hasn't even cracked 700 yards in a season. 

Is this really the hill you want to die on? Where 121 and 122 games dont count for 125? Technicalities? 

Dont be silly, you know what I meant. The guy is a legit WR and Watson is going to feed him. 

1 minute ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

Also, my sympathies to the mods and administration in the coming hours and days.

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

And now, my watch has come to an end. Deshaun Watson is no longer my problem.

off work shift over GIF

I’m here for the jokes and memes. Someone else can manage this, I’m on BRREAAAAK.

• Like 2

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Is this really the hill you want to die on? Where 121 and 122 games dont count for 125? Technicalities? 

Dont be silly, you know what I meant. The guy is a legit WR and Watson is going to feed him. 

Cooper is a second tier WR in today's game. The Browns WR's and TE's don't even crack the top 12 in the NFL...and that's being generous. 

The only thing close to elite about the Browns TEAM is the running game. 

• Like 1

Just now, CKSteeler said:

This was about the money, not football. The Browns made a ridiculous offer he couldn't refuse. If it was purely about football, the Saints would have been the choice.

Yes, the money was the thing.

No, that Saints roster is garbage They are aging. They are overpaid

They are cap hell futurized for 5 years.

• Drew Brees is the 4th highest cap hit on the team.
  • Armstead is the 2nd highest cap hit on the team.
  • Winston is the 20th highest cap hit on the team.
  • None of those guys are actually on the team!

They have the worst receiving core in the NFL (unless Michael Thomas returns like magic after 2 years)

Their best player is a RB who does not run for 1000+ and is the only guy in this conversation who still might go to jail.

That's a 7-10 team there. 9-8 with Watson, max.

And next year will be worse.

10 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

If this was about football and the browns were in the south, The Browns would have been the choice. 

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

That's a 7-10 team there. 9-8 with Watson, max.

And next year will be worse.

Well...what were the Browns, exactly? I trust the Saints to acquire talent a lot more than I do the Browns. They are far more use to dealing with doing so with cap constraints. 

16 minutes ago, ET80 said:

They still like football players who can football good. That’s Deshaun Watson.

Much of his situation will be debated, but once he throws for 350/5 including a GW TD, much of his situation will be forgotten and his jersey sales will quickly reach top 5 status.

The NFL cares… all the way to the bank.

Yeah but why not trade for him last season then? Did team believe he would get convicted and didn’t care about the risk? He still has a civil suit to deal with? And 22 accusers if found guilty in the civil Case is damning. 

Also i get why one team would take a chance, but we had 4-5 teams involved and one decided to give literally the biggest contract in nfl history.