Deshaun Watson is a Cleveland Brown

brownie man

8 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Nope. They don’t want to go to court. Plus Harvey can’t be a yes man. He’s got a whole career. He can’t just lose credibility by doing what the NFL wants if it’s not legitimate. The NFL has hired Harvey but that’s just one part of his career and the firm he works for. 

Yeah, Lawyers have to have high integrity of no one will hir...hahah I couldn't finish that sentence without laughing.

The NFL isn't scared of going to court. It's their league. Their rules. As long as they aren't doing anything illegal the worst that could happen is they recommend (maybe try to enforce) a different punishment. 

I don't think Watson and his team will do that anyway. The NFL could call witnesses and all of the payouts he made with NDAs become public knowledge and he comes out looking a lot worse. Then, the chants he heard in Jax will be severely escalated when he next steps on the field and extra security will probably be needed for all games. 

Watson is a garbage human. The less everyone knows about what went on behind closed doors is better for Watson. He isn't going to fight that battle. He didn't fight the battle after he said he would clear himself. Why fight now, he has very little at stake. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, pscottdai said:

Pre-Baker:

2015: 3-13

2016: 1-15

2017: 0-16

Baker:

2018: 7-8-1

2019: 6-10

2020: 11-5, won play off game

2021: 8-9, Baker injured

Just an interesting comparison I thought, especially since a top 8, franchise QB is supposed to elevate your team to do better no matter what the roster looks like (people are always saying on this board)... 

I will continue to believe we waaaaaay overpaid for Watson until I am proven wrong. Baker was adequate enough to get us to the Super bowl, and still let us use the picks and cash to improve the team. 

Yeah, seriously rolling out 1 more year with Baker, then potentially trading a similar amount of draft capital to move up and get your next crack at a franchise QB on a rookie deal would have seemed better to me.  I know Watson has been a proven player in the league, but after likely 2 years off of football, with his baggage, and this mega contract it seems just as risky as trading the farm for a draft prospect. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Watson is a garbage human. The less everyone knows about what went on behind closed doors is better for Watson. He isn't going to fight that battle. He didn't fight the battle after he said he would clear himself. Why fight now, he has very little at stake. 

Dog you don’t even know the dude. Your hate is kinda crazy. 

if the nfl can get whatever it wants why are they even entertaining settling? 

It’s just crazy how this was all handled.

The NFL should have just dumped the public blame on Sue Robinson. Just say “it’s what we agreed to, her word is law and we stand by it.” Make a statement saying you don’t agree with it.

Then you come in afterwards and negotiate what you want new offenses to be punishable for.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Yeah, but maybe someone rolls up on his knees 🤷.

I doubt that too. You’d be declaring open season on your own QB.

Just stay calm and cool. That’s how a civil society functions despite horrible people evading justice every single day.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

You’re right about the booing, but nobody is willing to go to prison over Watson.

More for protesting and such, not to protect him from people. If all the details were out I suspect there would be more people up in arms over him being glorified on a field.

2 hours ago, brownie man said:

Dog you don’t even know the dude. Your hate is kinda crazy. 

if the nfl can get whatever it wants why are they even entertaining settling? 

I know enough. I know enough about Michael Vick too. If you behave like a garbage human you are a garbage human. I don't care what positive P.R. you do, it's what he did to those women that defines him. It always will. It's a choice he made dozens of times,. I don't feel bad that he tarnished his own legacy.

15 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I know enough. I know enough about Michael Vick too. If you behave like a garbage human you are a garbage human. I don't care what positive P.R. you do, it's what he did to those women that defines him. It always will. It's a choice he made dozens of times,. I don't feel bad that he tarnished his own legacy.

Uhh you still didn’t answer my question 😂 

if the NFL can do whatever it wants and they want a year why are they entertaining settling? 

I think your tryna duck my question 🦆 

7 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Uhh you still didn’t answer my question 😂 

if the NFL can do whatever it wants and they want a year why are they entertaining settling? 

I think your tryna duck my question 🦆 

It's all P.R. they don't really care. They aren't an actual court that punishes people for being bad humans, they punish people because the NFL wants certain demographics (mostly women in this instance) as fans so they do what they think will please those fans and future fans.

The NFL can do what they want. Do you see Kaepernick playing? He did a lot less (said a lot more) than Watson. You don't have to hire someone. The NFL chose to keep Watson employed because he is good at sports. But they have to look strong.

They aren't going to cave, if they strike a deal it's because they wanted to. It's that simple.

10 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

They aren't going to cave, if they strike a deal it's because they wanted to. It's that simple. 

If they strike a deal it’s because they wanted to? But you just said 

The NFL isn't scared of going to court. It's their league.

So the NFL isn’t scared to go to court, and they’re also not going to cave, but they will settle? 

Nick Young Reaction GIF

dog your hate for Deshaun has got to the point where you are taking both sides. 

In your opinion the nfl should have 0% to want to settle. They run the league. They have no fear they’re guaranteed to win in court and they’ve already said that 

They want the year 

So your saying the NFL can clearly get the year which is what they want without any opposition in their way, but they are open to settle because of PR? 

what PR? The PR from court they’re guaranteed to win? 

The only legit argument I can see you making and idk that you’re even trying to make it is that the NFL is concerned the negative news that would come out in court as they persecute Deshaun would be bad for image of the league.

Aka the nfl don’t wanna go to court 😂 

3 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

The NFL isn't scared of going to court. It's their league. Their rules. As long as they aren't doing anything illegal the worst that could happen is they recommend (maybe try to enforce) a different punishment.

While the NFL most likely would win in federal court, the NFL does not want this to drag on and continue to be a major story.  If it goes to federal court, then discovery becomes a possibility.  The NFL could be forced to say what sorts of investigations it did concerning the Houston Texans who have also settled 30 cases related to Watson, and who do appear to have some organizational culpability, yet seem to not be facing punishment for their role in the scandal under the personal conduct policy of the NFL.  There is also the Dallas Cowboys who paid $2.5 million to settle claims by cheerleaders who were filmed by a high level Cowboy executive and yet the team does not seem to have been investigated or disciplined by the NFL under the personal conduct policy.  The NFLPA would want to raise both of these issues, request documents and bring these stories front and center.  This is in addition to Kraft and Schneider.  The Schneider investigation had stuff so bad the NFL asked the investigating attorney to make an oral report in an attempt to bury it. (Even secret written reports have a way of getting out.) A federal case could possibly reopen that pandoras box.  The NFLPA does have a potential due process claim that could actually stick based on the lack of notice of the possible punishment under the collective bargaining agreement.  Does the NFL really gain enough "good" PR from going for a hardline 17 game indefinite suspension versus keeping a bad story alive and in the papers that has the potential to bring up more bad press?  

Federal court is costly and potentially damaging to both the NFL and the NFLPA.  Both sides would like this story to end sooner than later.  Settlement and certainty have an appeal for both sides.  That is why we are getting reports of settlement talks.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, brownie man said:

If they strike a deal it’s because they wanted to? But you just said 

The NFL isn't scared of going to court. It's their league.

So the NFL isn’t scared to go to court, and they’re also not going to cave, but they will settle? 

Nick Young Reaction GIF

dog your hate for Deshaun has got to the point where you are taking both sides. 

In your opinion the nfl should have 0% to want to settle. They run the league. They have no fear they’re guaranteed to win in court and they’ve already said that 

They want the year 

So your saying the NFL can clearly get the year which is what they want without any opposition in their way, but they are open to settle because of PR? 

what PR? The PR from court they’re guaranteed to win? 

The only legit argument I can see you making and idk that you’re even trying to make it is that the NFL is concerned the negative news that would come out in court as they persecute Deshaun would be bad for image of the league.

Aka the nfl don’t wanna go to court 😂 

You're making and defending arguments that aren't being made.

This shouldn't be that complicated. The NFL doesn't have the moral compass to want the bad people out of the league. They only care about profits. When I say NFL, that is the 32 owners (31 and GB). They are the NFL. Goodell represents those 32 owners.

Yes, it's all a facade. The NFL (owners) don't really care about Watson's punishment they just want to make the most amount of fans satisfied. If they think settling does that, they will settle. If they think a full year does that, it will be a full year. The NFL unbalanced suspensions is because of that reason.

Watson won't take it to court. If he thought he could win in court and he had nothing to hide he would have fought the civil cases and all of the dirty laundry air out. He didn't. I suspect he'll take whatever they give him. His team's job is to try to persuade the NFL on what the public opinion is.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, mrpazzo said:

While the NFL most likely would win in federal court, the NFL does not want this to drag on and continue to be a major story.  If it goes to federal court, then discovery becomes a possibility.  The NFL could be forced to say what sorts of investigations it did concerning the Houston Texans who have also settled 30 cases related to Watson, and who do appear to have some organizational culpability, yet seem to not be facing punishment for their role in the scandal under the personal conduct policy of the NFL.  There is also the Dallas Cowboys who paid $2.5 million to settle claims by cheerleaders who were filmed by a high level Cowboy executive and yet the team does not seem to have been investigated or disciplined by the NFL under the personal conduct policy.  The NFLPA would want to raise both of these issues, request documents and bring these stories front and center.  This is in addition to Kraft and Schneider.  The Schneider investigation had stuff so bad the NFL asked the investigating attorney to make an oral report in an attempt to bury it. (Even secret written reports have a way of getting out.) A federal case could possibly reopen that pandoras box.  The NFLPA does have a potential due process claim that could actually stick based on the lack of notice of the possible punishment under the collective bargaining agreement.  Does the NFL really gain enough "good" PR from going for a hardline 17 game indefinite suspension versus keeping a bad story alive and in the papers that has the potential to bring up more bad press?  

Federal court is costly and potentially damaging to both the NFL and the NFLPA.  Both sides would like this story to end sooner than later.  Settlement and certainty have an appeal for both sides.  That is why we are getting reports of settlement talks.

The cases aren't related and I don't think the judge would allow just random tattling. The court would only care about previous similar cases. Roethlisberger for example. How the NFL penalizes organizations for actions from someone within a collective group is very different than an individual who must take all of the blame.

So I doubt the NFL cares much about that. I do think they'd like to put this behind them after showing a strong hand for the image of it.

As far as the stories, we already know them. The NFL only cares about bad press and they already have it.