Pre-Watson:

2014: 9-7

2015: 9-7, won division

2016: 9-7, won division, won playoff game

Watson:

2017: 4-12, Watson injured

2018: 11-5, won division

2019: 10-6, won division, won playoff game

2020: Signed massive contract extension, goes 4-12, quits, sexually assaults 22+ women 

2021: 4-13, Watson quit

Pre-Baker:

2015: 3-13

2016: 1-15

2017: 0-16

Baker:

2018: 7-8-1

2019: 6-10

2020: 11-5, won play off game

2021: 8-9, Baker injured

Just an interesting comparison I thought, especially since a top 8, franchise QB is supposed to elevate your team to do better no matter what the roster looks like (people are always saying on this board)... 

I will continue to believe we waaaaaay overpaid for Watson until I am proven wrong. Baker was adequate enough to get us to the Super bowl, and still let us use the picks and cash to improve the team. 

Edited by pscottdai
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

He probably wants a salary more than what Landry got and there probably aren't any takers.

Bro I literally just said they don’t know if Watson is playing this year. 

I can’t make it no more plain than that. Why practice with a player you’re not going to play with in the regular season. Wait it out if Deshaun gets the year go somewhere else. 

14 hours ago, pscottdai said:

Pre-Baker:

2015: 3-13

2016: 1-15

2017: 0-16

Baker:

2018: 7-8-1

2019: 6-10

2020: 11-5, won play off game

2021: 8-9, Baker injured

Just an interesting comparison I thought, especially since a top 8, franchise QB is supposed to elevate your team to do better no matter what the roster looks like (people are always saying on this board)... 

I will continue to believe we waaaaaay overpaid for Watson until I am proven wrong. Baker was adequate enough to get us to the Super bowl, and still let us use the picks and cash to improve the team. 

Never let a good emotion interfer with Fact

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Nobody wants to take responsibility for this situation 🤦🏽‍♂️ 

The NFL my guess wants to settle at 12. They don’t want to see Deshaun vs Houston. I don’t think Harvey would rule more than 10 games if it comes down to his decision. Deshaun wants 8. I think he’d settle at 10 but It gets back to the league not wanting to see Deshaun play vs Houston. 

They gotta get over that **** and just settle at 10. Who knows the Browns could play Houston in the playoffs. Unlikely, but they shouldn’t base the settlement on one game. I actually think him playing vs Houston would be a good thing. Allow all this stuff to get over with. Face the team and allow all the built up tension to release and get it out the way. 

16 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Nobody wants to take responsibility for this situation 🤦🏽‍♂️ 

The NFL my guess wants to settle at 12. They don’t want to see Deshaun vs Houston. I don’t think Harvey would rule more than 10 games if it comes down to his decision. Deshaun wants 8. I think he’d settle at 10 but It gets back to the league not wanting to see Deshaun play vs Houston. 

They gotta get over that **** and just settle at 10. Who knows the Browns could play Houston in the playoffs. Unlikely, but they shouldn’t base the settlement on one game. I actually think him playing vs Houston would be a good thing. Allow all this stuff to get over with. Face the team and allow all the built up tension to release and get it out the way. 

Probably not the best choice of words when talking about Watson.

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Here'sJim said:

I don't understand. What does the NFL get from "settling"? Don't they hold all the power when it comes to decisionmaking on punishment?

The sooner it’s settled the sooner it’s out of the headlines I suppose.

Im assuming they’re also getting pressure from the NFLPA, and rightfully so tbh.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Here'sJim said:

I don't understand. What does the NFL get from "settling"? Don't they hold all the power when it comes to decisionmaking on punishment?

Nope. They don’t want to go to court. Plus Harvey can’t be a yes man. He’s got a whole career. He can’t just lose credibility by doing what the NFL wants if it’s not legitimate. The NFL has hired Harvey but that’s just one part of his career and the firm he works for. 

38 minutes ago, Here'sJim said:

None of it really makes sense. Why do they even care? They allowed him to be traded (with 2 criminal cases still pending) and allowed him to sign an extension so it isn't like they realistically are trying to hold his career back. 

I would understand not wanting him to represent your product and want him out of the league but that isn't the case. 

NFL fans know the NFL is a sh!t show so they aren't fooling any of us with their attempt at a fair punishment. We also know they only care about profit and whatever they do is their attempt to have the highest profits going forward. 

I'm not watching games that Watson plays this year and if he isn't suspended the whole year I probably won't watch any Browns games but it doesn't change my opinion that the NFL is screwy and doesn't really know right from wrong if there isn't a money sign involved. 

• Like 6