Deshaun Watson is a Cleveland Brown

brownie man

33 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I don't know wtf you are saying and don't really care.

I heard people complain about Baker nonstop last season, in fact I've heard people complain about every QB we've had in the last few decades. I wish we had Weeden back or Quinn/Anderson battling again. They may suck at football but at least it didn't feel like we were harboring a fugitive.

Yep and I think you are 100% in the right to have your opinion. I also back everyone who has a different opinion on the matter.  I don’t think this is an I told you so thing either.  This isn’t a, I know players better than you and knew he would be a stud, it’s a I just don’t think that matters to me for my football team.  I can’t hate on either opinion at this point. I do believe in our justice system and I do believe in innocent until proven guilty, so this has really tried my thoughts on that.  

I will watch the games I’m sure. Maybe I’ll be more meh about it. I don’t know, the last few years have really turned my level of give a **** down for all sports.  I mean I still love them but I also know it’s something I enjoy watching but not something I want to stress me out about.  So if I watch I’ll watch, if I find something better to do I will.  Maybe write the next great American Novel. 

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Also, lol at @brownie manfor starting this thread.

If you can’t tell who’s on what side of the line at this point…. whew lad…

People have been giving their opinions on this (and not much else) for months now. 

I mean was Kiwi or Hornby an option in the poll? If not does it really count as a real thread with a poll?

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

In the 20+ years since the return I’ve never been more disinterested in this team.

****ty QB’s I can deal with. This?  Not as well it would seem.

The whole situation just kind of took the wind out of the sails of an otherwise intriguing team and season.

Well, yeah, partially disinterested and partially self inflicted disinterest for me.

There are a lot of players who I really like and really hope they have great seasons. I hope Browns fans enjoy the season. There are a lot of fans who are disgusted by Watson's actions/behavior that are still hyped for the season and his return and I understand that and it's fine.

I've never been this conflicted/confused over a sports team. I've never switched who I rooted for in any sport and I'm not switching now, might take a break though like in 1995. If I can make it 4 years I can make it 5 if Watson lasts that long in the NFL.

I'm thinking about suing Watson and the Browns for my pain and suffering. Know any good lawyers?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

People have been giving their opinions on this (and not much else) for months now. 

I thought it’d be worth it since we’re finally post suspension decision. People can really make their decision because I know some were on the fence depending on if he was going to play this year or not. 

I thought there was a chance it’d be locked but at the same time this is once of the biggest suspension decisions this decade so it was worth a post decision thread. Some people are still voting lol. I’ll bring back up the thread when we win the SuperBowl. 

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well, yeah, partially disinterested and partially self inflicted disinterest for me.

There are a lot of players who I really like and really hope they have great seasons. I hope Browns fans enjoy the season. There are a lot of fans who are disgusted by Watson's actions/behavior that are still hyped for the season and his return and I understand that and it's fine.

I've never been this conflicted/confused over a sports team. I've never switched who I rooted for in any sport and I'm not switching now, might take a break though like in 1995. If I can make it 4 years I can make it 5 if Watson lasts that long in the NFL.

I'm thinking about suing Watson and the Browns for my pain and suffering. Know any good lawyers?

Thats where Im at with it. Im going to be disgusted in Watson at what he did but at the same time Im not going to let that stop me from enjoying football on Sundays at 1pm. Im excited to watch him, the football player but at the same time Im equally excited to watch the Cleveland Browns with or without him take the field and play. Im excited to watch Chubb, Ward, Garrett, Clowney, JOK , Newsome, Hunt and Njoku. The team isnt just Watson.

I do find it comical how every media member is trying to galaxy brain this by saying 'the Browns knew that in a year or two this will all go away and people will forget because hes winning games on the football field'

No ****. The reason you think that is because that has been the EXACT way every team/fan/media handles these types of situations. There is more than enough history to go off of to know exactly how this is going to play out. Just like the 30 other guys before him who got in serious trouble, hes going to play well and people will eventually stop talking about it.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This is the kind of moment that deserves a "bless his heart"

Spoiler

or maybe better a "Listen, lady"

4 hours ago, JDD said:

Maybe write the next great American Novel. 

This. I'll read it.

3 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

@bruceb

• Like 3

Studies show that most people watch sports to escape real life, which is why back in the day of newspaper hard copies people turned to the sports page or comics before reading the first page/section.

The reality is, pretty much as long as Watson is on the roster, this will be front and center. Fair or not, Ray and Ben did their stuff before the social media era we are in now, and even with Ben, there were 2 allegations as opposed to 25 making it more plausible in the eyes of some, and it wasn’t under the guise of seeking them out for football treatment. 

So, brace yourselves to see every interview and postgame presser to have these questions asked at every opportunity. For these reasons alone it’s hurt my joy and fandom because I can’t even have fun being miserable anymore, let alone having to reconcile what he’s almost certainly done and this being the Browns.

Most always have and always will unite around heinous predatory behavior towards women and children. Even prisoners share that common code.

I get it. Go Browns. I’m still a fan, but man I’m still struggling here.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I don't know wtf you are saying and don't really care.

I heard people complain about Baker nonstop last season, in fact I've heard people complain about every QB we've had in the last few decades. I wish we had Weeden back or Quinn/Anderson battling again. They may suck at football but at least it didn't feel like we were harboring a fugitive.

My comment is in reference to YOU saying that YOU will not watch any games.  YOU can come in here, and find out what happened during said games, while still bi..chin about Watson is what I'm saying.

TBF Nug asked you the question.  I really don't give AF if you watch anything.  You can talk about how icky it is..blah blah blah.  You can come in here, and say the same thing 800 different ways.  It doesn't change a thing.  Watson is on this team, and the Browns are the team that everyone in this thread roots for.

Any ya...bring back Weeden, and Quinn....real fun 🙄

49 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Studies show that most people watch sports to escape real life, which is why back in the day of newspaper hard copies people turned to the sports page or comics before reading the first page/section.

The reality is, pretty much as long as Watson is on the roster, this will be front and center. Fair or not, Ray and Ben did their stuff before the social media era we are in now, and even with Ben, there were 2 allegations as opposed to 25 making it more plausible in the eyes of some, and it wasn’t under the guise of seeking them out for football treatment. 

So, brace yourselves to see every interview and postgame presser to have these questions asked at every opportunity. For these reasons alone it’s hurt my joy and fandom because I can’t even have fun being miserable anymore, let alone having to reconcile what he’s almost certainly done and this being the Browns.

Most always have and always will unite around heinous predatory behavior towards women and children. Even prisoners share that common code.

I get it. Go Browns. I’m still a fan, but man I’m still struggling here.

It will quite down, especially with wins. 

It will be loud with loses. 

I hope we win. 

Becoming a Browns fan 1999 is more and more becoming the dumbest the I have ever done. The local rugby team has won like 8 titles I a row and they play the game right way.

Jut I watched the browns with Jimmy the crock and watson the weirdo. 

It isn't even them, but the noise around it that really spoils. Watson imo has paid for what he did and shouldn't be further persecuted, he has paid millions and millions too the women, the Lawyers and the nfl. Let jim move on.

Personally I don’t think the noise is ever going to calm down around him and I think it’s going to be going on as long as he is playing in the NFL. Congratulations Browns, you officially made it unenjoyable for many fans even when you are going to be winning games. I have officially hit a low as a Browns fan. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, brownie man said:

I’ll bring back up the thread when we win the SuperBowl. 

I have no doubt, you'll probably do it after every Watson TD pass but what does winning a SB have to do with how you feel about your QB being a sexual predator? You aren't allowed to enjoy it unless you support Watson and think the NFL, court system and law enforcement should leave him alone to let him enjoy his life?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

It will quite down, especially with wins. 

It will be loud with loses.

It isn't even them, but the noise around it that really spoils. Watson imo has paid for what he did and shouldn't be further persecuted, he has paid millions and millions too the women, the Lawyers and the nfl. Let jim move on.

I can somewhat get behind this.

The dude has been been drug for the past 1.5 years. He will have missed 27 games. He had two grand juries look at his case, he dealt with multiple lawyers, had a independent arbitrator take 2 months on his case, another NFL appointed lawyer hand down another punishment, paid 6x the highest fine ever given in the NFL, paid millions more in settlements with women, have to attend behavioral consoling and will forever have people booing/hating him when he does take the field. 

Outside of tossing the dude in jail for the rest of his life what else do people want.

Im not into burying people forever for their mistakes, but I do think Watson has paid the punishment by the time he takes the field again.

Edited by AkronsWitness

8 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I can somewhat get behind this.

The dude has been been drug for the past 1.5 years. He will have missed 27 games. He had two grand juries look at his case, he dealt with multiple lawyers, had a independent arbitrator take 2 months on his case, another NFL appointed lawyer hand down another punishment, paid 6x the highest fine ever given in the NFL, paid millions more in settlements with women, have to attend behavioral consoling and will forever have people booing/hating him when he does take the field. 

Outside of tossing the dude in jail for the rest of his life what else do people want.

Im not into burying people forever for their mistakes, but I do think Watson has paid the punishment by the time he takes the field again.

Watson signed a 4 year 156 million dollar deal with the Texans that begins this year. He demands a trade, assaults 25 women and then is traded and they tear up his contract and give him a new one for an extra 70 million dollars. Financially he has been rewarded. Not to mention he avoided what really should have been his fine (for each suspended game) but getting a contract that paid him league minimum the season he would be suspended. They should have fined him about 30 million which would be about the average of what he makes for 11 games under his contract.

Paying for settlements isn't an NFL punishment. We also don't know what he paid.  Neither is talking to lawyers or fighting criminal charges. He sat out last season, he demanded a trade and there was no interest, that isn't punishment. 

Who cares how long it took to review cases for the NFL, it was all done well before week one.

He has stated he has already been in counseling (it isn't working, he said he still has never disrespected a woman) but really that isn't a punishment that is to try to save him from himself because he is very sick. It is like a cancer patient getting chemo, yeah it's awful but we're trying to save you. Except counseling isn't awful, especially for a sociopath.  

Watson has had to deal with annoyances (that he brought on himself) but he hasn't really been punished at all. Financially he is much better off after all of this came out than before and he didn't play a snap in that time to increase his value. 

He gets 11 weeks off of work, that's his punishment. 

The boos he has to deal with isn't punishment. That a reflection of the kind of person that he is and a reflection of how average people respond to that type of person. 

• Like 1

Watson could have done himself so much good if he just came out and was remorseful for what he did or at least seemed genuine, I know there are still legal situations where he couldn't openly admit guilt but there were creative ways where he could have come off as a little more contrite. 

Even this could have people come off of their soap box and at least try to move on, woof, this is going to be a mess....

• Like 1

I legit had a female friend of mine message me on Marco Polo to say this:

"GO BROWNS!!! Those girls know what they were doing!"

So, as I have been firmly on the fence, I'm going to stay firmly on the fence.  A lot of you aren't even considering all the possibilities, and have just gone into your camps and planted the flag.

It's going to be a rough ride, but when hasn't it been?  I'm ready to watch some football.  Ya'll can keep arguing back and forth about whether he's a creep or whether he is worth it, whatever, I don't care.  I'm over it.

• Like 3